healthy pork chops?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had thin pork chops last night and I just seasoned them (I like them spicy) and then pop them in the oven. They're so yummy and they don't upset my tummy like fried foods do.

how exactly did you "pop them in the oven" bake? on what temp fr how long?

My fav way; season with some Montreal Chciken seasoning, some honey (not a lot) and some bbq sauce. Bake at 350 for about 30-45 mins, depending on thickness. Cook to about 150-160 degrees
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    I just got pork chops and I'm gonna try this! Thanks!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Here's the cool thing - I've also fought through the crazy bad habbits of "good" southern home cooking.

You can still use your frying pan to cook them. Get a little bit (1tsp) of "I can't believe it's not butter light" or some of the "Pam" spray and put just enough on your pan to put a very thin non stick layer.

Put salt and pepper onto your pork chop - nothing else. Also, cut any of the fat off of the edges - it's really not so yummy.

once you've sprayed your pan, turn the heat on low and put the porkchops in the pan. Cook until the chop looks about 1/2 way cooked on the side that's touching the pan. Then turn your heat up and flip. Cook until that side turns brown. Then it'll be a little crispy on that side. YuM! My hubby and I like to eat them with green beans that have been heated and I usually put a little bit of garlic salt and a spritz of the "I can't believe it's not butter spray". :-)

OH, quick tip too... don't be afraid to put a little more spray or even a teaspoon of water if your chops are starting to get too brown too soon. :-)

Just remember, cooking things in a pan isn't the "bad" part, it's what you're using to cook them in that pan which makes it bad. That's actually why it's called "frying" because of all the grease that is typically used to cook/eliminate sticking.

I hope this helps.

I do this as well, but when I flip to side #2, I add a jar of chili sauce and sliced onions ... YUMO!