old clothes

Options
alright, I need some opinions. I know that I have lost inchs along with weight and well I want to try on some old clothes that I use to fit into however, when this happens and they don't fit I tend to get depressed and then start the self hating thing. What can I do??

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    alright, I need some opinions. I know that I have lost inchs along with weight and well I want to try on some old clothes that I use to fit into however, when this happens and they don't fit I tend to get depressed and then start the self hating thing. What can I do??
  • seababe
    Options
    First you should be proud of the 17 LBs you lost thats great! I
    would not try on old, set a goal weight then buy a few new ones!
    works for me that way you can't get depressed. Good Luck!

HOB:bigsmile:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can tell you is keep up the good work, I hope you measured when you started here and if the clothes don't fit now, keep with the program and they will fit in a couple of weeks. The only thing self hating does is it makes you angry, depressed and likelier to quit. So tell yourself you didn't get this way in a month and it will take you a long time to get to where you want to go.
    In the meantime enjoy the ride, there are a lot of great things to discover along the way, for instance that you will have the power to say no to even your favorite food if it doesn't fit into your plan that day, that you feel a lot better after getting your body mooving, that you have muscles in some places you never dreamed of.... You are learning how your body reakts to certain foods and so on...
    And last but not least : you are a lot more then what you see on the outside, just because you don't fit the typical fashion mold doesn't make you less of a person, we all have vices, it's just that ours show a lot more. I would rather have an overweight friend then someone that constantly complains, talkes bad behind peoples backs , is rude.......I could go on and on.
    So pat yourself on the back for getting on the right road and march on, one step after another. I wish you sucess:drinker:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am constantly digging in my closets for old clothes to try on. I don't get depressed or anything when I don't fit into them. Instead I take a deep breath and think to myself "ooo, I can almost fit into them again", or "Hmmm...not quite there yet...only another 10lbs. to go", or "Hell! I never really liked this damn blouse anyway". I find joy in other little things that I can do now like how - because I'm so short - my stomach used to touch the steering wheel. It doesn't anymore! I can almost put a full fist between the steering wheel and my belly now. smiling5.gif Or how about walking up the stairs without feeling like my heart is going to pop out of my chest? Take joy in the little things along the way. Don't let those clothes get to you. Talk to them and say something like "You wait! I'm going to fit into you yet!" :tongue:
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've always been one to dig into that old box of clothes to find that one thing that now fits and i know exactly what you mean about the self-hating portion and getting down on yourself. What i started to do is go into it expecting them not to fit and remembering what they felt like the last time they didn't fit. that way if they still didn't fit i could at least make myself feel better knowing that they were closer to fittiing. maybe the last time you put on thos jeans you couldn't zip them at all but this time you could zip them but they are just uncomfortable or give you that muffin top. so then you know the next time you put them on they should fit just right. and you never know... you could have that big surprise of them being PERFECT.

remeber everything takes small steps!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 17 pound loss....that's like a baby!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 17 pound loss....that's like a baby!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

that's one big-*kitten* baby! laughing013.gif