Trying to get back in the saddle!

Options
I am a stay at home mom to two beautiful girls ages 4 and 2! I gained about 45 lbs with my first pregnancy and then never took it all off before the second. I was a little more careful with the second pregnancy gaining only 20 lbs. I have never been "skinny", but I have been comfortable and confident and that is what I want back! I know I will never have my "high school" body back, but I would at least like to feel comfortable in my clothes--no more muffin top! It seems I always get to a certain weight and then give up because I feel it is so much work to get past the plateau, but I never stick with it and I know I could accomplish my goal if I just would. I just recently did Weight Watchers from Jan-April and lost 20lbs, then discontinued because I thought I could do it on my own. I have already gained almost 10lbs back. I am hoping that MFP will help me be more accountable for what I eat and I love that it is FREE! and I love reading the forums and knowing I am not alone!

Replies

• hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you were able to lose 20 with weight watchers, I think you will do well with mfp, once you commit to logging & get back into healthy habits the support here is great! I lost 18 pounds last year but then gained some back when I stopped logging, the key is to stick with it. Good luck!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hop back on!

I did weight watchers to get rid of the extra 40 lbs. I was carrying around after my kids and I was very successful. However, over the past 2 or 3 years I have slowly gained back about 15 lbs. I have found that for me the tracking of what I eat is absolutely KEY (I can really very easily bury myself in denial about how much I am really eating). I have actually found that tracking is much easier with MFP than it was with weight watchers so that works really well for me. And...the support here has actually been way better for me than it was at Weight Watchers.

Feel free to friend me...I love seeing how others are doing and cheering them on! Good luck...
  • lilkatiebug
    lilkatiebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did notice that logging food on here was a lot easier than WW. I wish I would have found this before! The only thing about WW that works for me is having to weigh in there. I didn't attend the meetings very often. Thanks for you support!
  • lilkatiebug
    lilkatiebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I will need all the luck I can get!
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you can do it girl!!! I am addicted to this thing (mfp) so Im sure once you get back on track you will do great!! I think of it this way: don't try- just DO. :-)