how can i help get rid of...

Options
ok so i know this has been posted..but wanted some updated results from people.

i have the dreaded apron of skin and then the belly bulge to boot. Ive lost 44lbs and want to know if anyone can give any kind (nice) advise on how to help shrink if not eliminate it.

HELP!!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Toning helps. Won't shrink it but by adding solid muscle under the skin it looks a lot better.
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Smart Lipo, it costs about $3000 but it causes the skin the shrink and scar tissue to form and lock down the skin to your abdominal wall, One day, in office, no IV or anything else... You wear a body garment to keep the skin tight while you heal.
    Hope this helps,
    Crystal
  • aschwieterman
    Options
    I have done some research and found multiple answers. A lot apparently depends on you skin elasticity. For most, it will shrink back and adding muscle helps. For others, plastic surgery is the only answer. There are some doctors that will discount surgery to remove excess skin if you donate the skin for burn patients.

Keep yourself hydrated and try some good skin creams that will help increase the skins elasticity.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First off, way to go on your weight loss! I did some searching for you. Exercise, and plenty of it are the only way to lose it without going in for a tummy tuck. Crunches, and the eliptical machine at the gym were recommended. Wishing you lots of luck! :smile:
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Minimizing body fat% and toning (backwards crunches, bicycle crunches, scissors) will help
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    awsome! thank you all for the tips! i drink a TON of water, and i go through lotion quite quick..lol but i want it to go down. so ill work on it.