• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Same here..
    I was looking for a calorie counter for my phone
  • Ambria0516
    Ambria0516 Posts: 62
    Options
    My best friend suggested it to me in Jan when we were both looking to live up to our new years resolutions and lose weight. I was totally against it at first. I thought tracking EVERY single thing I put in my mouth would not be something I would do. 5 months and -65 lbs later I'm still here and couldn't imagine not doing it. My friend stuck with it for awhile, but then dropped off. I'm so glad I stuck with it. MFP is my accountability partner :). The app on my iPhone is the best and I don't think I could have done it without the app. I freaking love this site :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Friends from another website were using it and always talking about it. Once it hit me I had to do something with my weight I decided to try it out.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Personal trainer advised me to try it!!! Best advice she ever gave me cos I no longer see her LOL
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a FB friend who had hers connected to MFP and I got right sick of seeing all that spammy crap on my FB feed.

... so then I joined all incognito like. I definitely don't want those nosy FB F'ers to know I'm on here.

I totally share things on MFP that I would NEVER share on FB!!

Me TOO!!
    I found out from a VERY good friend of mine
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My sister. And I protested to her about using it because I've used an excel spreadsheet for years to count my calories. Glad I gave in!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My iPhone app. I didn't even know about the website for like a month. I just used my phone in the beginning.

this!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My iPhone app. I didn't even know about the website for like a month. I just used my phone in the beginning.

-- EXACTLY the same for me!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Found it on my iphone in the app store and was so glad as it was the reason I am where I am. If I hadn't had something that I could log food with immediately in hand all the time I'm sure I wouldn't have been as successful.

Best app in the world...Saved my life
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Fat 2 fit radio podcast. Excellent program - their mantra is "Live like the thinner person you want to be."
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I found it useing my calorie counter on my phone and I kept seeing this website so I said hey why not sign upn the site as well
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Was looking for a calorie counting app on my phone because I was sick of writing it down in a notebook.. this has been so much easier & more effective!!
  • tanikabland
    Options
    A co-worker told me about the website :smile:
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    While Researching Bodylastics Resistance Bands, back in August Last Year
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter on my phone and came across it that way mfp I love you lol x
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    Options
    My ex-fiance, who is now a very good friend of mine, told me about it. It has been a godsend!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Last summer I was visiting a friend and she was watching the Today Show. The Joy Fit Club member spotlight was on a MFP member that had lost over 100 pounds. When I got home I checked out the site and have been hooked ever since.