Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV...I almost cried.

lisafred24
lisafred24 Posts: 306 Member
So this morning I pulled out an old pair of size 18 jeans. I just wanted to see how close I am to being in them again. I slipped (literally slipped, no pulling, no tugging, no holding my breath) them right on. They are a perfect fit. I have not been in a size 18 jeans in 14 years (I hate to admit that but it is true and such a victory for me). I stood there for a moment reveling in the fact that I have gone from size 24 to 18 in 3 short months...I truly almost cried.

Thank you all for your encouragement along the way.

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Great job! i am so proud of you :D
  • BIG congrats to you!!!
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    That is truly awesome. I am really happy for you and hope to have a moment like that myself someday when I can pull on a pair of size 38 jeans from my closet.

Keep going, you are doing amazing work. Thanks for sharing this with us.

-rick
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Very nice. Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • raynebow
    raynebow Posts: 6
    Absolutely wonderful news. So happy for you. This is very encouraging.
    Kepp up the amazing work.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Major accomplishment -- you should be extremely proud. Congratulations!!
  • Wow!! Congratulations! Keep it up. Revel in that awesome feeling.
  • That is so awesome! Congratulations to you!!! You should be so proud of all the work you've done to get there! And in 3 months! Truly amazing and encouraging and inspiring! Way to go! :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    What a good feeling. I bet it made your day! I feel the same when I am able to wear my old clothes.

A very funny thing is that when I was lighter, I never felt I was skinny. Now that I am heavier, it made me so want to go back to the lighter me. :)
  • Awwww I don't know you but I about cried too!!! Good for you!!! So, so awesome! Keep up the great work!
    Misty
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Awesome job!! Just wait til you put a pair of tights or pantyhose on!!!
  • DianeAuger
    DianeAuger Posts: 28
    You go girl! Before you know it the size 8 will slip on with no tugging or breath holding. I've been on my journey since last year and I know how hard it is but it is so worth the effort.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Fantastic achievement! Well done!
  • cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    WTG! Congrats!!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Wow that is so inspiring!!! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • aurasa
    aurasa Posts: 2
    Congratulations!

I know what you mean... the coolest part is slipping them off without having to unzip or unbutton them!

Keep up the awesome work!
  • FANTASTIC!!! Go ahead and cry!!!
  • sd688
    sd688 Posts: 7
    Good job... I love that feeling when you can fit into old clothes.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Well done! Great job!

I've packed a pair away with my winter clothes that I can't pull up at the moment. I'm hoping they'll be too big in autumn :smile:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    That's great! Congratulations :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!