HUNGRY! What to do??

Options
Ok, fellow MFP friends, what should I do? For some reason the last couple of days I have felt STARVING, even right after eating lunch. I'm getting wicked food cravings too and everything that is awful for me sounds fantastic. Should I stick to my eating plan and just suck it up? Or should I add in some additional healthy calories? (i.e. a bowl of healthy cereal, even though a brownie is calling my name...) I'm still trying to figure out my diet, so any advice is appreciated :)

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Try some frozen fruit. This is your body adapting to your new eating habits. Are you eating under 1200 calories? that could send your body into starvation mode. Try adding more protein into your diet, youll stay satisfied longer. Hope i helped :)
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have been really hungry lately too, however, i'm also on TOM....but, sometimes drinking a glass of water helps!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm really hungry right now too! I just finished mowing the lawn and I'm famished! I'm going to make a great big salad- with tomatos, cucumbers, green peppers, egg whites, and butter beans. I'm also going to sprikle the top of it with 1/2 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal. And maybe a little low fat mozzerella cheese and top it of with some fat free ranch dressing. I know from experience this dish will really fill me up and keep me full for a while!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    One thing to think about is are you physically hungry or just wanting to eat?
    Physical hunger I think you feed and you usually have a bit of wiggle room before you eat yourself out of a calorie deficit so feed yourself if you are hungry. Make smart choices.

If it is just wanting to eat (mental hunger) this is usually my problem not the other. Change your schedule around. Maybe plan some foods into a day that are "sometime" foods so you aren't feeling deprived. Drink some water, go for a walk, find some busy work. These things sometimes help me...