Easy to peel hard boiled eggs, just add baking soda.

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I always just run cold water over my boiled eggs and they peel easy everytime.

this. i've never had an issue peeling eggs. the shell usually comes off in 2 or maybe 3 at most pieces when you use cold water
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. I hope this works. I hate to try to peel eggs. :grumble:

Same here, all throughout my career as a cook, I had other folks peel those things.

they're horrid, so I'm going to try this. :)
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome I am so trying this. I love my hardboiled egg whites for snacks/breakfast but peeling them has proven to be a pain.
  • wvfrog22
    wvfrog22 Posts: 44
    Options
    Trying this right now! I sure hope it works!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've tried this and found it really didn't work consistently.

The only trick I've come across that works (and has continued to for a while - even with fresh eggs) is to bring your water to a boil first, then add your eggs, and cook for 12 minutes or so. Then drain them and cool off under cold water, and maybe some ice.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    Fresh eggs (day old) were a nightmare to peel for soft-boiled AND hard boiled. Ugh. I even did the ice bath I always do for the hard ones.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    an easier way is to peel the narrow end some. then peel the other end some. then go back to the narrow end and blow. i saw it on youtube sorry op not trying to high jack your topic