I am feeling down

Options
2»

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks guys. :)
    Yeah i dont really have any girlfriends to talk to so it is even harder for me. I have family but i am not even that close to them and i dont need conflict or people to take sides so i usually just keep it in.

I am going to go work out right now. You have motivated. me! (yay) I will update how i feel in about 40 minutes. I am just going to throw on 30 day shred.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhhhh, I feel for you. Is there any chance of him feeling a bit left out with the diet/lifestyle change or have you been doing this for ages? just a thought. I think this weekend is a case of dressing in something nice, not too overly sexy and exuding confidence, his interest will soon pick up and it will make you feel great.
    ps. (in a whisper) sometimes when I feel down... I have that piece of chocolate. (Don't tell anyone!)

He has been dieting with me but we do different exercises. He has lost 16lbs! Yeah, i was kind of hoping to go out and dress up and feel good, have some fun like we used too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Have you told him how you feel? I promise you, he has NO idea. I'm sure once you tell him, he will go "D'oh!" and make up for it. Don't make food your friend and confidant...it doesn't listen. ;) Do you have any girl friends to talk to? Those are important!!

This! He's not a mind-reader. Let him know when you're feeling down, and let him know if you just want to vent and don't want solutions. Guys like offering solutions. It's enough to make me think I'm a guy, because here I am... offering solutions. :wink:

Tell him you want a date night. Just the two of you. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. And no fussing about the calories that night. If all goes well, you'll burn them off together. *nudge nudge, wink wink*
  • lindseyg625
    Options
    lets help eachother! i am en emotional eater and have been a binge eater for about 4 years now. i feel like i have no one to talk to, vent to, or just let my emotions out to that would understand. i plan to start p90x again on monday and need motivation and someone to turn to when i feel i am going to binge, like i did today :(
  • siirisampson
    siirisampson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You say he does different exercises from you. What if you each made a list of all the physical things/activities each of you have never tried, but always wanted to (secretly or not!) and then you can see if any on your list match his. If not, no worries! What a great chance to learn something new about your partner. Pick one a month of each others' list and do it together. You might find a fun new way to connect and exercise at the same time. Think about things like canoe-ing, urban exploring (walking around the city/town window shopping), neighborhood house admiriing (walking in a neighborhood and admiring peoples homes, gardens, etc.) walking to a sporting event, getting involved in a charity event where walking is involved, joining a kickball or softball league....the options are ENDLESS! You could even buy a cheap groupon for you two, to go try something new like yoga or even something crazy like trapeze(!!!) together! Communication is key, so speak up and hang in there!

You'll never regret a workout - the hardest part is GETTING THERE! :)