Disabled female wanting support

indigolafaye
indigolafaye Posts: 17
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all.
I'm 3 foot 4 and I think I roughly weigh 7 stone (I'm not sure though as I can't weight myself!) Anyway I want to come down to about 5 stone, or comfortably fit size 8 clothes again.
Looking for support and encouragement, especially as I find it virtually impossible to do exercise.
Thanks x

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Indigo,
    Do you type this yourself or do you talk to text? I ask because that would give a better idea of your limitations and maybe we can figure out some exercises for you.
  • Hello,

You can still do it by watching your diet. This website has some great tool.

Tanika
  • I type this myself :) I have Brittle bones. I walk a little in the house with a frame, and am trying to get back into walking with crutches but my knee is dodgy, and I find if I do too much I will just cause a fracture. I can't lift or push things etc so any type of weight stuff is out. It's a bit of a balancing act between pushing myself so the exercise is worthwhile but not causing injury! (For example bought a fitness thing for the Wii last year, not the most popular one but one recommended for people who have mobility problems, got a little carried away, fractured my femur and have had the last year recovering from two ops!)
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    I think start with watching your diet, cut the calories so that your body will shed some weight without increased activity. At the same time keep at it to get back on the crutches, even the slight increase in activity will help your muscles grow and burn more calories. Good luck and please don't hurt yourself.
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Welcome! I've sent you a request to be your friend. I don't know if I can offer any advice, but I can definitely offer support! Good luck!
  • Thank you all.
    SnarfTwo - and anyone else who wishes to add me - I look forward to getting to know you and supporting each other!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Indigo, would water exercise be out of the question?
This discussion has been closed.