How Fast Do You Lose Weight??

Options
Hey everyone -- I'm pretty new to MFP, but I am LOVING it so far! :happy: It's so, so easy to keep track of calorie intake & exercise! I've never been super overweight, but I could definitely stand to lose some pounds. I started right away by doing a cleanse/detox that my chiropractor suggested to me. I lost 8 pounds doing that, which was GREAT motviation for me. Just this last week I started walking at least 2 miles (usually 4 though) everyday w/ my puppers. I haven't really started eating any real foods yet since my detox. I'm kind of nervous too, because I don't want those 8 pounds to come piling back on.

Oh jeez -- did I ever get off topic. What I was wanting to ask everyone.. how fast do you notice your weight come off? I lost the 8 pounds in a week, but now I haven't lost anymore since then (I admit, it's only been 10 days since I've started.. ) It's not that I want to lose the weight super fast, it was just really nice to see a little come off each day :smile:

I'd love feedback -- thank you!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'm averaging just over a pound a week for the last 7-8 weeks. I have my calorie goal set at 1300 and I run every other day. That's it so far and its been working. I am in the process of changing up my fitness plan a bit because I want to add in strength training now.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I lose 1 to 2lbs a week. I'm playing a game on here kinda like biggest loser and that seams to be an average weight loss regardless of weight, height, or age. Everyone seams to lose somewhere between .5 and 2.5 lbs in a week. I guess it kinda depends on your commitment too though.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    whenever you make a big change in food and/or exercise you will see a big loss the first week and then a large slow down. I seem to be lucky that I can easily drop 7 or 8 pounds in a few days if I watch my diet and workout. I started working on losing this 20lbs I gained 15 days ago and so far I have lost 8.2 pounds. I seem to be averaging about 1/2 a pound a day. If I stay on track and I mean completely on track with my diet I should stay at that until I am about 5lbs away from my goal. But I think I am an oddity and most people don't lose at that rate.
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose... if you're not really overweight it will probably come off slowly. But MFP is neat because if you follow your calorie intake based on your weight loss goals per week, you should lose that amount per week.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    1.6 a week. You may see some of that weight come back, because it wasn't fat, it was water and waste you lost. So continue with the walking and watching the calories and you will see the pounds come off. :smile:
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Usually 0.5 - 1.5 lbs a week.

This week was crazy though and I lost 3 lbs (which isn't typical and has never happened for me before.)

I do weights 4 - 5 times a week and cardio about 3 times a week (not including long daily walks, play time with my son, etc.)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    For me the week to week number isn't really consistent, probably due to water retention for various reasons. Overall, though, I'm losing almost exactly my target 1.5 lbs/week (1.7 lbs/week, if you must know ;)). I've had some weeks where I went up slightly, some where I stayed the same, and some where I lost almost 4 lbs.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you're in this for the long haul...a transformation over time, you want to look at losing 1% of your bodyweight per week. Losing more than that is most likely muscle loss...and you dont want that :) If you lost 8 lbs I one week, it was most likely a majority of water weight but thats good because it means your body is feeling satisfied by your new habits and its flushing out the toxins.t. Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't budge for a week or more. Your body needs time to adapt. I promise if you are honest with your food and stick to the calorie guidelines of MFP you will lose weight.
  • buttons25
    buttons25 Posts: 2
    Options
    Not fast at all, been frustrated but I know it is 2 things, lack of regular excercise, I do some but not consisent and it makes it that much harder. Also i am scared to really put my calories where it says I should be for my weight!
    Also water is inconsistant.
    haven't seen much loss lately, struggling with it and am looking for s much more on here for tips, tricks, support etc. This place is GREAT THANKS all for sharing! So far getting addicted to reading it all!
  • buttons25
    buttons25 Posts: 2
    Options
    oh and how did oyu all add the ticker, I can't figure it out and you all have it!!! :)
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 lbs in 40 days. I started exercisely about 5-6x a week about 20 days in. I'm averageing 1.4 per week.