ladies..... Teach us how to woo you!

Options

Replies

• bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    Listen to me, and respect me. Recognize that I have many roles - mother, sister, daughter.. don't pigeon hole me into to one role (I can be a good mother one moment and a sex bunny later). Support me when I need it, and not just the "big stuff" - when I have to make a dreaded phone call, dispense medicine to an unwilling child. Don't try to solve my problems for me; keep an open ear/mind and catch me if my thinking is 'fuzzy' but don't tell me I'm wrong if I'm not doing it your way.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think it's the little things that you know about her that count for more than anything. Things that others don't. Like when my husband makes a subway run and he knows exactly how I want my sandwich, or if he sees something he knows I will love and surprises me with it (like a really great pair of red heels!) Also when you know she needs you to make her laugh or take her out just because it's been a crazy day (DON"T complain about the bill). Just being able to be her best friend through everything no matter what. That is what works for me and I know I try to put the same effort into the relationship. I'm also really into old fashioned charm. Open doors, be polite and kind, etc. but you can't be stuffy and boring. You still need to have a great sense of humor. Also your golden if you read the "five love languages" and just figure out which she is and follow it!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It depends on the GIRL. Me? Personally? I prefer a guy who acts like himself and can make me laugh. I want to have a good time and know I can talk to someone. Be a gentlemen but not a pushover. Don't agree with EVERYTHING I SAY. I don't want pick up line, I want someone who is genuine and up front.

But once again, it all depends on what the object is looking for.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    writing.gif
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    haha. good post..

THE BASICS: it shouldn't be too hard :) haha.
    1. be respectful
    2. take her to do fun things (like nature walk or something..doesnt have to be expensive)
    3. actually call her back when you say you are going to call her back.
    4. make her laugh
    5. open doors for her :)
    6. don't lie
    7. don't cheat
    ..... those are the basics of being a great guy ( in my opinion ) ... obviously, they are hard to come by! (I haven't found a nice one yet!)
  • emeraldpearl
    emeraldpearl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    have a strong back and a good head on your shoulders:wink:
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    funny thing is I do all of these things and still no dates.. really it all comes down to what you look like
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I like manly...and one who whines about not having a girlfriend = unattractive. I'm not sure what you're looking for in this post, but I like someone who isn't predictable, is spontaneous... I'm kind of simple, I don't need a lot. I think the main thing for me is if the person puts in effort like I matter, and what I do/say matters... and confidence. You can tell if someone is confident or not, and it's definitely attractive. Confident does not = cocky though. I hate cocky.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    ^^^ agreed!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's really VERY simple. BE a MAN....not a little boy, not a puss, not a macho meat head....A MAN. Dont run game on her, dont talk a big talk.......show not tell. Words are easy and usually worthless.

+1

Just to add, don't show off, don't try to impress me cause it will annoy the hell out of me when I discover what you're really like, never be afraid to cry when it hurts (but don't be a whiney cry baby about everything either), and never presume that you know more than I do, are stronger than I am, can do anything better than me...humility is so damn sexy, cause that means you know who you are without trying to prove it all the time and making yourself look like an *kitten*.

And for God's sake be honest. ALL THE TIME.

Oh, and if I catch you checkin' out another female, I'll push you over to her and outta my life. You're either with me, satisfied with me, and concentrated on me...or you can get to steppin'. Women don't like to play games. Girls might enjoy it, but you want a real relationship with a real woman, don't you?
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Subscribe to this I need to know!!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It's really VERY simple. BE a MAN....not a little boy, not a puss, not a macho meat head....A MAN. Dont run game on her, dont talk a big talk.......show not tell. Words are easy and usually worthless.

I stopped reading responses after reading this reply. Yes ^^^^^^ do this. Just be A MAN.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    funny thing is I do all of these things and still no dates.. really it all comes down to what you look like

Attraction is certainly a part of it. I met my boyfriend online on a dating site. I initially accepted his request to 'be friends' because he wasn't physically what I would normally be attracted to. I admit, I never thought I would meet him so I tested a few things on him before trying them on others. A bit mean, I know. He was nice, genuine, funny, a little bit filthy, and generally a great friend. He would joke with me when I had come home from an awful date, congratulate me when I thought I had met up with someone awesome, and console me when it inevitably turned to ****. So after six months of playing around, talking most days and getting to know each other (he was quite persistent about meeting me and I kept putting him off because he wasn't a Greek God of Thunder and Muscle), I finally caved in and met up with him. The next day I couldn't wipe the smile off my face (and no, we didn't 'seal the deal' either so it wasn't his awesome sexing skills that got him over the line... they came later!) and the next day and the next day. He 'asked' me to be his girlfriend the day after that (which was soo cute and terribly unmanly) and we have been together for 7 months now.

I still look at photos of him and wonder why I find him physically attractive. When we're together it seems like I can't keep my hands off him, but he really is a dork and nothing like guys I've pursued in the past. But he is a wonderful friend and a great listener. It's not all about the physical. Sometimes you just need to give a girl a chance to realise she's falling for you by being there through it all.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    writing.gif

haha you have the funniest little image thingys :happy:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    do NOT turn every conversation into something about you!!!!!! I can't stand that!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Easy.

Don't act like this........

Brydonerearview.jpg
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^
    well....knows how to kill a thread. :)

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.:bigsmile:
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Be nice. Confident, but not too cocky. Don't play games, if you're interested ask her out, but not a boring movie or just dinner, plan something fun and active (also a plus if your on here!)- it's summer now, so maybe paddle boating, mini-golf,batting cages, hiking... you get the idea.
    Don't lie to seem cooler- it'll catch you up later.

And my number one thing, don't just be nice to her, be nice to others (waiter, strangers, the elderly). Most girls don't dig jerks.
    This^^^^ but add in a scence of humor! Make me laugh. You could be 100 lbs overweight with glasses and crooked teeth but if you can make me laugh so much that my cheeks hurt,yea that's awesome!
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    All I'd ask... He honest, don't just hear... Really listen and remember what we talk about!
    And always make sure you tell me I'm loved, missed, thought about!
    Don't assume because you say it once, it's something we should just know and remember! We need to hear it often!!
    That's my opinion!