Emotional eater

Options
Ok, so I have to admit that I am and always have been an emotional eater. And with my wedding about four months away, I am so stressed and I have been eating more treats (aka bad food) that I should. It is very hard for me not to do this so I am asking for your help my MFP people before I am even more stressed. Please tell me what you do to keep from emotional eating or what snacks you eat instead of the bad, icky, unhealthy food. Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i just do something to keep my mind off it like workout or do things you can't eat and do.
  • crystallized
    crystallized Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bring frozen food to work and eat that. They're the Healthy Choice Steamers and they come in a small rectangular box. At WalMart, they're about $1.88 each. They range from 250-310 calories each and they satisfy my hunger for a few hours.

Another thing you can do is eat a couple slices of wheat toast, and down it with a bottle of water. I know, it's not the greatest meal, but it's easy and the water soaks in with the bread and makes you feel fuller longer.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I eat like a kid again (but I try to keep it healthy)

Celery stuffed with (natural) peanutbutter or (lite) cream cheese
    Cereal - but I keep it to the natural good stuff like Cheerios, GrapeNuts, Bran Flakes, etc.
    Devil'd Eggs - with 1/2 the yolk and lite mayo

Stuff like that. Otherwise I would just pick fast foods full of calories, and it doesn't sound like you (or I ) want to do that anymore :)
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I am an emotional & stress eater, too! I really struggle with this. But when at work I keep hard candy in desk drawer or I chew gum. It helps me to have something in my mouth. I also bring in serving sizes of wheat crackers like Triscuts, wheat thins, ect and put them in little ziplock bags. I also find having sweet drinks everyday at work help, too. By sweet drinks I mean drinks like crystal light and my favorite is Sparkling ICE. I tell myself those are my daily "treats".