are a lot of people american on here?

Options

Replies

• tigereyz30
    tigereyz30 Posts: 35
    Options
    Florida here....I think it's great the way this site unites people from all over under one common goal...getting healthy one day at a time. Good luck to you!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    American here... ex-Californian, ex-Mainer, ex-Floridian, ex-Coloradian, ex-Pennsylvanian, ex-Texan, ex-washintonian, ex-illinoisian (? lol)..... yep... I'm a modern day nomad.... I'm now somewhere on the east coast of the U.S.

There are tons of Bloody Brits and Canadians (eh?)... LOL....

Everyone on here are awesome people though regardless of location! Welcome to MFP!
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm German and The majority of people are from USA but sometimes I get random friend requests in German so I feel like it must be a possibility for people to search by areas of your profile because I list myself in California but I still receive these messages. Also, you can search for members near you in the "find members" section, then you would find a list of people local to you.
    In regards to the food section, if the brand is specific to UK it might be difficult to find it, but you can always just add the calories additionally.

Best of luck =)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I think so but I'm not from the US, UK or from any Anglophone country. I'm Hispanic and currently based in Asia.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think the majority are from US, but you'll find people from all over.
    There are lots of Australians like me on here too!
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    I live near Sheffield, UK and you can find majority of uk brands/supermarket foods on the database. If its something new thats recently come on the market you can add it yourself. Also you'll find that there is various measurements ranging from grams, ounces, cups etc.

xVC (Una)
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I'm just a hickerbilly from Michigan and I have been really enjoying getting to know people from all over the world
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm a Brit - there are loads of Brit foodies on the food section. I am having a hard time understanding the American type foods but it's a good conversation starter :)

Feel free to add me - my diary is now public too :)
  • Rix06
    Rix06 Posts: 25
    Options
    Im from New Zealand. not many nz foods on here, but i manage.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    East coast of the US here. Plenty of folks from around the world. Welcome to MFP. :)
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    American but currently in Bangkok Thailand.
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brit living in Southern California a lot of the foods on here are international and I have seen stuff from Marks and sparks so dont worry you will find almost everything in the database and if you cant just add the nutritional values in your foods section and you can always use it in the future. Welcome to MFP its a great place :flowerforyou:
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi another Brit here (Brummie to be exact)
    Yeah the database is fine for uk foods....except when it gives you a 'cup' as a measurement. Even when i lived in the US i never understood that conept....i mean i got some pretty big cups...lol
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi another Brit here (Brummie to be exact)
    Yeah the database is fine for uk foods....except when it gives you a 'cup' as a measurement. Even when i lived in the US i never understood that conept....i mean i got some pretty big cups...lol
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish - living in Dublin. I have to say I think the Food Database is fairly balanced as I've never had any problems finding Irish and British brands. The good thing is if you do have a brand of food that's not in the dbase you can enter the info yourself and then it's there forever more :):smile:

Welcome to MFP
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    There is a very wide variety of people on here from all over the world, lots of American's sure. I think this is an American site, it doesn't matter really as it's easy to add whatever food you have to the data base. I'm an Aussie!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think the majority are from US which makes sense because there's more people there than there is in the UK! lol
    I'm English (not keen on the "Brit" tag!) and I have a lot of English pals on here too which is great because you can steal their ideas! Not so easy when you see something on one of your American friend's diary! lol
  • purplebutterfly28
    Options
    Hey i'm from the UK, i think there is a mix of people from all over xx
  • stefanier918
    Options
    I'm in Germany too! Originally from Indiana.
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think the states might be a little bit bigger than the UK, Although good old blighty is a little overcrowded i don't think we have quite as many people as USA.

Bucks, UK here.