daily calorie intake super low

Options
I've been eating about 1200 calories a day for the last 2 months and haven't lost any weight. In fact the first month i was watching calories i Gained almost 10 pounds.
So i finally got curious about the why,

I used the tools for bmr most websites use and they all came up with 1800 for me. So naturally i followed the 1200 minumum guidelines.
After some research i came across this website http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/bmr.htm
So I've learned something that fits me. 1200 for me is way under the 1000 deficit that i was instructed to create to loose weight.

BMR is laying in bed and doing nothing else all day.
Using this website i sit at a desk for 8 hours.. my BMR of 1900 plus my energy at work puts me at 2600 calories a day.

I decided to adjust for this and adjusted my 1000 calorie deficit last Sunday to include this and upped my calories from 1200 to 1600,
I'm one of those crazy people that weighs multiple times a week. This week is the first time in 2 months I haven't seen the exact same number on the scale and on a positive note an actual decrease on the scale.

So my thoughts would be if your absolutely sure your already way UNDER your calorie usage for daily use for the lengthy period of time, maybe it's time to up your calorie intake. Or at least it might be time to reevaluate your own usage.

Me
Quality is not a race as it has no finish line. So I guess it's more like a Death March.

Replies

• jterry03
    jterry03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I am in the same boat and been working out for the past 8 weeks and had gained 2 pounds....
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Good advice there are alot of people who need to hear this.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Good advice there are alot of people who need to hear this.

Agreed.

Too many people simply don't eat enough.

Food intake is necessary for sustaining life...so don't cut so much out that you cut out the life-sustaining abilities of your body.