New Here!!! :D

Options
Hello! I'm kind of new here but i'm excited to be apart of this! i'd like to have this be a place where we can encourage eachother!! :D

Replies

• Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amber and Welcome!! I am new as well only been here a week! Friend request me :)

What are your weight loss goals and what is your timeline. What are you doing to achieve your goals?
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome both of you, the support here is great.... good luck.....
  • Ara531
    Ara531 Posts: 22
    Options
    well, i'm ciarra! and welcome as well! Thanks :) i would like to loose arouns 10 - 20 lbs by August, but continue to maintain it (which will be the harder part for me.) This is really a first step for me, writting down all that i eat... and then i'm going to try my best to start attending a couple different exercise classes! What about you? though i see your weight loss goals are your status. Good for you :) Congratulations for already loosing 50 lbs! :D
  • standintherain
    Options
    Hi! I've been here for four - five days (time flies! I really don't know). My friend has helped me through this so the only thing I can do is help others, too!!!
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! You are going to love it here! Been on for about 15 days or so and the support here is amazing!!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Ara531
    Options
    Welcome!! that is awesome! it's great when your friends can help, i don't know what i'd do without them!
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    Welcome!! Trust me this site is AMAZING! Tons of support and great info. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Ara531
    Options
    Thank you! good luck to you as well! i know you all can do this! question: how do you get the scale pictures and add them to your signature?
  • Harrar10
    Options
    well, i'm ciarra! and welcome as well! Thanks :) i would like to loose arouns 10 - 20 lbs by August, but continue to maintain it (which will be the harder part for me.) This is really a first step for me, writting down all that i eat... and then i'm going to try my best to start attending a couple different exercise classes! What about you? though i see your weight loss goals are your status. Good for you :) Congratulations for already loosing 50 lbs! :D

Hi Ciarra! That sounds like a reasonable amount to lose in the allotted amount of time you have given yourself. about 10 is lbs a week. You can do it if you put you mind, heart, and sole into it. Even if you can't get out to a gym or exercise classes you can always exercise at home and go for a nice jog around your neighborhood or in a local park.

Thank you I am very excited to hit the 50 lb mark today! It has been 12 weeks since I had my baby daughter and I am stoked to keep losing and get to my final goal of under 150 by Sept 25th when my daughter turns 6 months old. I stick to my diet eating healthy low cal foods and low fat foods. I also do the treadmill run/walk on - off at least 4x a week starting 5x this week and continuing from now on!
  • Harrar10
    Options
    Thank you! good luck to you as well! i know you all can do this! question: how do you get the scale pictures and add them to your signature?

Click tools at the top and then click tickers, you can set it up from there :)
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Go to the "Tools" Tab on the top of your screen and then you will see the tickers. Follow the instructions there and you are set to go!!
  • Unbreakable360
    Options
    ...welcome....good to have you onboard....oh...and I'm definitely feelin the verse...
  • Ara531
    Options
    Thannks for the help! i got it figured out now!! :)
  • Ara531
    Options
    Hi Ciarra! That sounds like a reasonable amount to lose in the allotted amount of time you have given yourself. about 10 is lbs a week. You can do it if you put you mind, heart, and sole into it. Even if you can't get out to a gym or exercise classes you can always exercise at home and go for a nice jog around your neighborhood or in a local park.

Thank you I am very excited to hit the 50 lb mark today! It has been 12 weeks since I had my baby daughter and I am stoked to keep losing and get to my final goal of under 150 by Sept 25th when my daughter turns 6 months old. I stick to my diet eating healthy low cal foods and low fat foods. I also do the treadmill run/walk on - off at least 4x a week starting 5x this week and continuing from now on!

Thanks amber :) yeah i don't know why, but it's really hard for me to work out at home... and i don't have a very good neighborhood to walk or run in.. :( do you have any ideas or anything you do for at home???

your welcome! wow... that is soo amazing! what are some of your favorite meals to prepare to achieve that low cal low fat diet?? that's amazing! i'm sure if you continue to do that you'll reach your goal!!
  • Ara531
    Options
    ...welcome....good to have you onboard....oh...and I'm definitely feelin the verse...

thank you! and yeah, it really helps me when i don't think i can go on any longer (during workouts AND in general, life) you have a favorite?
  • tonjay1
    tonjay1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I love your Scripture I have the same one. Feel free to add me.
  • Harrar10
    Options

Thanks amber :) yeah i don't know why, but it's really hard for me to work out at home... and i don't have a very good neighborhood to walk or run in.. :( do you have any ideas or anything you do for at home???

your welcome! wow... that is soo amazing! what are some of your favorite meals to prepare to achieve that low cal low fat diet?? that's amazing! i'm sure if you continue to do that you'll reach your goal!!

Thanks you can check out my diary at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Harrar10

Basically I just make sure to check labels at the store, I usually eat like an egg fro breakfast, or low fat/cal cereal with skim milk, for lunch and dinner i eat 1 cup of lettace at both with a low fat salad dressing and low calorie as well, that is a must for both dinner and lunch, i also add half of a tomatoe and maybe some onions, for lucnh i add as erving of lunch meat or pre cooked chicken. With all theses lunch meat, chicken pre cooked, salad dressing look and compare calories and fats to others. for dinner i eat 4 oz of a meat, 2 vegitables 1/2 cup or the serving size recommended, they are usually out of the can because it is easiest, and also again my salad. For snacks i have 60 cal coby jack chese little snack pack, also fat free pretzel chips, fat free salsa (low cal too) popsicles for desert.
  • Harrar10
    Options
    Oh I forgot at home exercises.
    Here is what I used to do. ( I am going to start it again next week I've just been busy this last few weeks lol

Abs: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Yoga Crunches (crunch to the left, to the middle, to the right, to the middle holding 4 seconds)
    Reverse curls (Hands under small of back lift legs up and lower down but not to the ground almost touching the ground)
    Plank ( left side, right side, middle, hold 15 seconds each)

Upper Body: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Push-ups (if you can't do real push ups do girl push-ups and atleast 1 or 2 real pushups till you get used to them)
    Behind head ( I use a large jar of applesauce but basically anything kinda heavy, but it behind your head and lift straight up)
    4 count Overhead Arm Claps ( arms extended straight out to the side, bring upward to clap your hands together counting 1-clap 2 straight out to the side 3-clap 4 straight out to the side = counts as 1)

Lower Body: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Squats
    Jane Fonda’s ( lay on your side, hand behind your head elbow on the ground balance and lift your leg as far as you can, both left and right sides of your body)
    Straight Leg Deadlift ( stand straight focus on something like the top of a door, keeping your back straight bend forward holding a weight, or something about 10lbs, while keeping your eyes focused on a high thing like a window, bend over keeping back straight and eyes forward.

I rotated doing abs like monday, lower body tuesday, upper body wednesday, off thursday repeat taking a break every three days. I also including treadmill on some of these days and when I start it again i will be doing treadmill M-F and rotating these every 3 days and then 1 break. Make sense?

Also every new week you start of these try to up your sets like if you do 3 pushups try doing 4 or 5.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ara531
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    welcome to MFP! My name is Curtis and I've been around for close to a week and I think that MFP is a great place! Everyone is supportive. Feel free to friend me :D