Hello! I'm new

Options
Can someone help with the right exercises for a right leg amputee who wears a prosthesis? Also, I have a lot of titanium in my neck and back so I have to be careful what I do. Some of the exercise programs I've seen on TV are a little hard for me with my medical problems. I brisk walk sometimes. I do strengthening exercises to build my legs since I was in a wheelchair. Sometimes, I can feel the weights pulling my neck and have to stop. I just learned to run some, mainly jogging slowly. I have lost 25 lbs since my stroke last year from a sedentary lifestyle from an car accident 25yrs ago. I need advice on what I can do without causing any major problems. My goal weight is 145. I need HELP

Replies

• MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I really think you should consult your doctor about what is safe for you to do, or have your Doctor refer you to a Rehab center and take your medical records with you and get there advise. You want to be safe in doing any exercising
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    how about swimming? or water arobics? those are pretty low impact all around? I try to do multiple walks per day, which might work for you.

Also, Yoga- there's a lot of yoga which shouldn't be too hard and you can build up. It might not seem like a hard workout, but you feel it afterwards.

Hope this helps. Good luck!