OT_Murder in Itay this weekend

Options
I live in Italy in a very, very small village. I think the entire area is less than 2,000 people. It's always been really quiet and I've been pretty content on raising my daughter here.

Well, Saturday morning there was a murder just down the road from my shop....my address is 201, this was 72.

A man killed his mother and brother. She had already been out in the morning to do her shopping and when she got home around 8 a.m., he stabbed her in the head three times and slit her throat. When the older brother woke up from the noise, he stabbed him 10 times in the chest and head. I guess then he drove to the police station and told them what he had done. I was outside cleaning up and opening shop and all these cop cars went racing by.

He wrote a note saying that he was tired of them hiding his medication in his food....that the meds made him go out of his mind. Now he will only say that he killed them and will not talk any further.

There was another murder In Italy that same day in Pisa. A man brought his two boys, age 5 & 7, out in the fields, killed them both with a hammer, then doused himself in gasoline and lit himself on fire. He too left a note saying that due to the separation with his wife, he would not be able to see his sons and couldn't live with that.

It was a very, very sad weekend here.

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy in a very, very small village. I think the entire area is less than 2,000 people. It's always been really quiet and I've been pretty content on raising my daughter here.

Well, Saturday morning there was a murder just down the road from my shop....my address is 201, this was 72.

A man killed his mother and brother. She had already been out in the morning to do her shopping and when she got home around 8 a.m., he stabbed her in the head three times and slit her throat. When the older brother woke up from the noise, he stabbed him 10 times in the chest and head. I guess then he drove to the police station and told them what he had done. I was outside cleaning up and opening shop and all these cop cars went racing by.

He wrote a note saying that he was tired of them hiding his medication in his food....that the meds made him go out of his mind. Now he will only say that he killed them and will not talk any further.

There was another murder In Italy that same day in Pisa. A man brought his two boys, age 5 & 7, out in the fields, killed them both with a hammer, then doused himself in gasoline and lit himself on fire. He too left a note saying that due to the separation with his wife, he would not be able to see his sons and couldn't live with that.

It was a very, very sad weekend here.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    oh my prayers are with you. I can imagine how you feel. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we're here for you
  • msblondy16
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear about that. my thoughts are with you as you and your neighbors cope with this horrific situation. it is so awful when things like this happen. those people obviously needed help. i pray others who are that sick get the help they need before they have the chance to hard others or themselves. :heart:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    *harm others
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    It's hard when violence intrudes upon what our peaceful small towns and communities. We've lived in rural areas for many years and love doing so because of the peace and quiet. But, in one area we lived, there was a paedophile who sexually assaulted and killed a little girl and dumped her body right down the road from us. It was discovered by a neighbor walking their dog. That whole community was in shock for a long long time. And, no one trusted anyone until they finally caught the guy--of course, he didn't live there. He lived close to 2 hours away from where he had left her body.

Then, where we live now, there was a home invasion just 2 blocks away! This last even has really shaken everybody up around here. My church is in prayer for the violence that seems to be increasing right here in our community--and around the world--to cease. It is scary anymore at how callous some can be towards others and how quickly people are willing to resort to violence towards their fellow humans and/or animals.

I hope the peace of your quiet town returns! And, my prayers are for the victims and perpetrators of the violence. And for your family! :flowerforyou:
  • jangirls
    Options
    I am sorry. My prayer goes out to you and the families.
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :frown: :brokenheart: :frown: after reading all the posts here, its soo sad to see all of the horrific crimes going on EVERYWHERE, I am stationed in south korea with my husband right now, he is military, and just in one week,

1. A soldier here in south korea held his wife, and child at gun point hostage, than after so long of doing so, killed them, and himself.

2. A soldier in Japan, admitted to backhanding his 6 year old daughter so hard (while she was hanging up clothes to dry on the balcony) that she fell down and cracked her head, than he stepped on her body with his whole weight while re-entering the house and it killed her.

I hate to see all of these things happening more and more often, i wish the world could just come to peace with themselves, and everyone around them.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I will pray for all of the victims, their families and for help of those considering these things.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the prayers....I am praying for the families as well.