Last Cigarette smoked just now @ 7pm (hopefully)

Options
Here's to countless hours of updates of continuing without them. :happy: Will update when I start working on the exercise and weight control when I start that too hopefully soon. (Like in 1-2 weeks or so)

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure you can do it!
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    Thanks!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Good luck hun... hope you succeed.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    What's with the "(hopefully)".

Have more faith in yourself!

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I quit 8 years ago. It is, without a doubt, the single best thing you can do for yourself. I know it sucks now, but it does get better...
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It's SO worth it! You have it!
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been there.. it's only hard for a little while, and then it's all mental. If you make up your mind that a change has happened, then you force yourself to adapt to that change. I am wishing you luck. Someday, this message will be from you, to someone else out there.. and you will wish, from the very bottom of your heart that they too would be successful, because you will know that it can be done, and how. Congrats!
  • SlimJacqui
    SlimJacqui Posts: 29
    Options
    Good Luck, you csn do it, you have taken the second step, first step wanting to give up, second step have the last *kitten*, third step the first few hours. they so pass.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    its not an easy thing to do, but it is possible. I quit July 19, 2010 and I am SO happy I did. It took me countless times over about a 4 year time spane, but I had the mind set and told myself "enough is enough" .... you can do it too.
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    Guess the (hopefully) is just hanging in my mind from countless other attempts, but I've never tried it with the help of MFP. Hoping that makes the difference. :happy:
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    There is no try-there is only do or do not.
    YODA
  • juniboop
    juniboop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can absolutely do it! i was a hard core smoker for 25 years, and am now 6 months smoke free. if i can do it anyone can. a wonderful side effect of this website is it kept my mind busy counting calories and exercise and gave me something to focus on besides wanting to smoke. slap on a nicotine patch for a good backup and get busy living!
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    There's no "hopefully" about it ...as of 7:03 pm on June 17, 2011, we are all talking to a new non smoker...:happy: it's a done deal....
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did it cold turkey almost 4 yrs ago.. first few weeks you really miss it but after that its not too bad!! Now i don't EVER think of smoking.. my house smells better,, my clothes dont stink and my car smells good!!
    You can do it!!!
    I chewed a lot of gum at the beginning!
  • SlimJacqui
    SlimJacqui Posts: 29
    Options
    I had my last cig, at 9pm on the 14th March 2011. After 30 + years of smoking and a trillion times trying to give up.. I can't believe how horrid smokers smell, and I was one of them.
    I enjoy have the extra cash in my purse, no popping to the shops for *kitten* and what ever.
    You can do it
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    think of the benefits and not the "loss" of smokes. It's amazing how quick you will start feeling better :)
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    thanks everyone.