Diary Suggestions...

Options
Hello everyone I was wondering if y'all can look at my diary over the last week and let me know how you think I am doing, what I need more/less of... etc. :-) Thanks!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Harrar10

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!the only thing I could say is sodium is a little high,other than that looks good.
    jane
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    HI!the only thing I could say is sodium is a little high,other than that looks good.
    jane

Yes I noticed that too, I've been trying to get that in check :-) Thank you
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'd say you need to eat more in general, but other than that it's not too bad.
  • jennramone
    jennramone Posts: 12
    Options
    Apart from trying to lower your sodium (as others have said), you should up your water intake. Not only good for flushing out any retention caused by the salt, but also lots of water is just generally very good for you :)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Try and get the sodium below 2000mg a day. 2500mg of sodium is for a 2000 calorie a day diet.
    I do better if I keep my carbs at 100 or less. Also with your exercise you may want to eat a bit more.
    I like to zig zag my calories too.... I try eat between 1100 - 1500 a day. Depends on my hunger.

Mostly it is the sodium. It can cause you to retain water and slow things down.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I noticed the sodium thing too. One very healthy swap you could make - ditch the yoplait and get some greek yogurt. Way more protein and less sugar/carbs.
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions I will work on lowering my soduim and carbs! Thanks again