a question about calories..

Options
we have a certain number of calories we use each day, so if I don't use all of them ( say under 100 calories left), we that hinder my weight loss???

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    you would eventually lose weight by eating 100 less calories a day than you use, if you did that everyday, that is.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I aim for my calorie goal +/- 100 calories as it's almost impossible to be right on day after day.
  • clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    thanks guys.... i just started on this site and have never counted calories before.. I'm used to the point system (weight watchers).
  • Wifeykimm
    Wifeykimm Posts: 4
    Options
    I have this exact same question. MFP says if you eat too few it will hinder your weight loss. I have a bit of an insulin resistant issue and have started limiting "bad" carbs as I tend to lose weight better without them. I rarely make it to my calorie goal in a day. I have been concerned that this will work against me. I also follow weightwatchers as well and have not hit my daily points requirement since I started limit carbs. My husband says I am crazy.. As long as I exercise to keep my metabolism up I'll lose. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks with the limited carbs and have lost about 4-5 so far.
    It is all so confusing!
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    we have a certain number of calories we use each day, so if I don't use all of them ( say under 100 calories left), we that hinder my weight loss???

If you eat say only 500 calories a day...or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY below your calories that are used each day, it can hinder because your body will go into starvation mode, and will try and hold onto everything you eat. (disclaimer: at least that's how it was explained to me)

But if you are off by only 100 or even 200 a day, you should be fine.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

If you eat say only 500 calories a day...or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY below your calories that are used each day, it can hinder because your body will go into starvation mode, and will try and hold onto everything you eat. (disclaimer: at least that's how it was explained to me)

But if you are off by only 100 or even 200 a day, you should be fine.

^good info