Holistic Nutrition and My First Detox Experience

Options
What exactly is holistic nutrition?

According to holisticnutrition.com, "Proper Nutrition is the basis for optimum health and well being. Holistic nutrition is the modern natural approach to developing a healthy balanced diet while taking into account the person as whole."

My First Detox
My first encounter with holistic eating came to me when I participated in a Spring Detox held by Jessica Schneider of Nourished4Life. I was instantly skeptical of the word "detox" because of its negative connotation. The word "detox" conjured images of miserable addicts attempting to rid their bodies of toxins. Although I thankfully avoided substance abuse, I soon realized my body was still plagued by toxins--both physical and mental. Along with giving me a new perspective on food, the detox cleansed my body of physical substances. I had never felt so good; my skin glowed, I had an outrageous amount of energy, I did not crave sugar, and I had managed to lose a healthy amount of weight. My body was in harmony and I realized balance was the composer. After I completed the detox I was surprised that I felt no desire to stuff my face full of junk. I no longer felt dependent on, nor deprived of any particular food. Unlike many short-term diets, I avoided the "post-diet weight gain" because I continued to incorporate what I had learned during the detox.

To learn more about the detox I participated in, check out my blog: http://avegetarianinalabama.blogspot.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!