NIGHTTIME SNACK ATTACK CRAVINGS...HEEELLLPP!

Options
Im in the vortex of hell deadly snack zone between 8-11pm every night. I am currently eating popsickles that are no sugar and mostly water (15 calories each) but am eyeing the chocolate cookies, potato snacky thingys, popcorn, etc. I love to snack at night. Yes, I have tried healthier snacks but I am so tired of carrots and such I could die. Maybe I need to look around on this site for healthy snack ideas...

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I try to keep sugar free pudding snacks in the house so I can get a chocolate fix if I need it for only about 60 calories depending on the brand and they are already portion controlled.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes? They make chocolate or caramel ones(: Or you could get plain and put sugar free jam on it!
    Or you could get some sugar free jello, 10 calories a serving.
    I have sugar free fudge pops pretty much every day.. (x 45 calories!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When I am really craving chocolate I will have a hersheys kiss. They are only 22 calories so if I end up eating more than one it's not that big of a deal. Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    popcorn is ok...just keep it light on the butter! i also purposely eat smaller meals so i have room for snacks.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Actually the sugar free jello and pudding sounds like just what I need. I will buy some tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks so much!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Go with the popcorn, but not the stuff covered in butter flavored chemicals. I have a microwavable popcorn bowl that works great. I add a little parmesan cheese and olive oil and it tastes great.
  • RozeGod
    Options
    PS= What does BUMP mean?
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is my danger zone too!:frown: Kids in bed and the munchies start! I am trying to distract myself with activity when the urge to snack starts, but I 'm not great at that.
    I'm hoping for some good suggestions on here!
    Help us out! :
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    If you can, just take the temptations out of your house! When I'm feeling snacky at night, I go for berries or just drink more water.
  • mattnjakesmom
    Options
    I have the same issue with night time snack cravings. I'm stealing suggestions others post. :smile:
  • RozeGod
    Options
    But I have already given up so much!! Cigarettes/Alcohol/Xanax/Ice Cream.....there must be snacks that dont taste like shoe leather...
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I also do multiple smaller meals so I have more calories at night...
    tonight my snack was some pickle slices... and Guiltless Gourmet blue tortilla chips (you get 18 chips for 120 cal) with 2 Tb hummus...

ETA that I didn't eat the pickles WITH the hummus...but I snack often...
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I have 100 calories left at the end of the night.

I have a half cup ice cream scoop from a restaurant supply.

I have a steady supply of sorbets, sorbetos, and sherbets - check the labels, the best ones are all at or around 100 calories per half cup.

Just my MO. I like me my ice cream.

Edited to add: I pre-log my dinner. I check portions until I've got my sacred 100 calories. I'd rather eat less rice thankyouverymuch to be able to have my treat.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    snyder mini pretzels are 20 for 110 calories.
    When I want to curb my hunger @ night I also make myself
    some oatmeal. Just oldfashioned oats, splenda and 1/2 cup light soymilk by just 180calories.
    When I just have to have something sweet I make what I call a naughty waffle. 1 waffle
    a sugar free chocolate pudding cup, 1/2 tbsp of mini chocolate chips and a tbsp of whipped cream on
    top. I feel like I had my fix and it rounds up to about 180 calories.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    snyder mini pretzels are 20 for 110 calories.
    When I want to curb my hunger @ night I also make myself
    some oatmeal. Just oldfashioned oats, splenda and 1/2 cup light soymilk by just 180calories.
    When I just have to have something sweet I make what I call a naughty waffle. 1 waffle
    a sugar free chocolate pudding cup, 1/2 tbsp of mini chocolate chips and a tbsp of whipped cream on
    top. I feel like I had my fix and it rounds up to about 180 calories.

That waffle idea sounds so good
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Hungry Girl website and cookbook. She has one cookbook full of recipes under 200 calories and low fat and sugar; lots of desserts. Last night I had chocolate swirl brownies. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are also a good option for me. Of course I don't do these every night but often. Sometimes a spoon of peanut butter will just hit the spot.
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    But I have already given up so much!! Cigarettes/Alcohol/Xanax/Ice Cream.....there must be snacks that dont taste like shoe leather...

Skinny Cow has GREAT low cal ice cream.
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Eat a healthy food that you actually like. Do you like cucumbers? Berries? Drink a lot more water at that specific time and try to keep yourself hungry. If you are genuinely hungry eat something reasonable and keep the junk food away from your sight where you don't know where it is. Also, try chewing gum.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just have a protein shake ;)