Question over here

I have a question ( in case you don't know already:laugh: ) for recording excercise do you guys just record the big things? ex: 30 minutes of cycling or do you also include the little things? ex: 4 minutes of folding laundry. I know you guys say that yopu should eat your excercise calories but what consitutes as excercise? If I walk to the bus stop ( 5 minutes) to go to school should I write that down? what about the flights of stairs I go up and down to get to classes?

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    I have a question ( in case you don't know already:laugh: ) for recording excercise do you guys just record the big things? ex: 30 minutes of cycling or do you also include the little things? ex: 4 minutes of folding laundry. I know you guys say that yopu should eat your excercise calories but what consitutes as excercise? If I walk to the bus stop ( 5 minutes) to go to school should I write that down? what about the flights of stairs I go up and down to get to classes?
  • I've never counted any of the things I do on a regular basis-like laundry or vacuuming. Only what I do above and beyond the norm.
  • DBranchaud
    thanks! That's helpful:flowerforyou:

Anybody else have an opinion?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I used to nickel and dime everything. . .then I realized that was just not right. I now only log what I do when I'm wearing my heart rate monitor. . .officially working out. Otherwise, I think it's easy to skew towards overeating.

That being said, if you're really active during the day, check your activity setting. If you're running around all day and set at sedentary, bump it up.:flowerforyou:

I checked my activity by wearing a pedometer for a week. I was averaging 12-15 thousand steps a day (without official exercise) so I upped from sedentary to lightly active.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    If I do like intense heavy duty cleaning or yard work that isn't normal in my routine I record it. Normal things like laundry, regular housework, dishes, etc. I do not record.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    ya know, it really depends.

Yesterday I had one of those days were all of my appointments were at condos. The visitor parking is 1 mile away. On one of those appts I took 8 flights of stairs up and down.

I counted all of that. But I dont count my normal daily activity of picking up a police report, because I do that all the tiime.

Haha . yesterday i was also caught in a traffic jam on I 95. I did crunches and forgot to write them down! Thanks for remininding me.

So I would say if you are going to the bus stop and walking slowly I would not count it.
    If you turn it into a race with your self then you are mixing up your bodies signals, and increasing your heartrate.

Ever race to the next class? Oops late again, practically run to get there? I would count that as 5-10 min of moderate spd walking.

I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    lol thanks!!! and thanks too for the workout ideas.* thinks about doing lunges at bus stop*