Need some structure, so I'm here...

Options
Myra73
Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
We'll see how I long I last here. I have trouble with structure, but it seems like it's what I need! So here I am, hoping to give myself a little dose of reality. So today was day one: over 700 calories for snacks?! That's almost half my goal, but I just COULDN'T let that cake go to waste, and it's Friday, why not have a beer? Well, now I know.

I feel better when I'm working out, even when it doesn't seem to lower my weight, I still feel better: I stand taller and the clothes still fit a bit better. I get hungry every few hours, maybe by paying more attention I'll figure out if it's "real" hunger or emotional hunger/habit.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I also have major issues with structure, but this site has been great for me. It's enough structure without being stressful because it is very user friendly :) Good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Being hungry every few hours is fine, you just have to make sure to eat something that's doing something good for your body. For snacks, try fruits and veggies. An apple and a piece of string cheese or carrots dipped in hummus (or low-fat ranch or peanut butter)... triscuits with avocado or red bell pepper.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    On this site, you're really only committed to yourself. There's no trainer standing over your shoulder saying "c'mon just do 10 more" and no doctor saying "ok, now what do you suppose we can do about your weight?". It's all about you. You can join a group if you want more accountability or you can just track. It's just that cool.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I think I am going to add a cup of herbal tea to my food log and head to bed. Day one complete. Only a little over my goal.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    welcome.
    i love structure, but i don't get it here! i have my workout timetable on my fridge at home and cross off in big red pen when i have completed a task! that is my structure.
    what i get here is support and advice, encouragement to keep going, and accountability (but that is because i have joined challenges and choose to take it).
    also, i choose to log on every day, and i update my food and exercise diary every day. the changes in my diet have largely been because of logging stuff, and actually finding out just how much i was eating! the change in the food i eat seemed automatic and was not painful, because i did not want to go over my cal limit. it just made me more mindful of what and how much i was consuming.
    anyway, i hope you find it warm and comfortable here. MFP is only as useful as you make it....