Getting Back on Track

Options
What do you do after you go over on your calories? The next day do you just push harder and learn from your mistakes? Or does it make you feel like you should just throw in the towel?

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    NEVER throw in the towel! If I had done that, like I wanted to many times, I would not be 3 lbs from my goal. If you go over, you go over. Just start fresh in the morning. :)
  • Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never throw in the towel. Every day is a new challenge, but so long as you don't give up, you *will* get there.
  • littlebethann
    Options
    I think you have to take each day as it comes. Just get back on that horse and try again. There is no way every day is going to be a perfect calorie day because you have to have a life. When you throw in the towel is when the weight starts creeping back on. I actually give myself at least one day a week where I don't count. I still try to watch my portions and eat healthy foods, but I think you need to give yourself a break sometimes. Don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Definitely DON'T throw in the towel. Put today behind you and start fresh tomorrow. And for those days you might go over, work extra harder, burn more and it will be all good.
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it at all... I go on as if nothing happened and do better the following day.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It usually makes me feel like throwing in the towel but I decide to try to do better the next day and learn from my mistakes. Good luck and don't give up!!
  • RunNannyRun
    Options
    Thanks guys! I totally agree! Some days are just harder than others. Especially when you are working out so hard, chasing kids all day, cleaning house, and running errands... on those days more food just feels needed! New days are always the best though! It's sometimes discouraging when I go over on my calories, but the next day when I do better it gives me confidence that I can still do this! Thanks for all the encouraging words!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    when i go over, i just enjoy it! it doesn't happen that often (6 times in 65 days.... i counted!), and i usually don't go over by more than 200 cals.
    but if you blow it, that's fine! we're only human. thing is just to pick yourself back up and carry on. this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. and for it to work, you have to live a life- eat tasty food, drink and be merry!
    but if you do go way over and eat take away alot, just make sure you push your water intake- it will help flush the extra sodium that tasty food has which causes us to hold water weight.
    but definately keep going.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am learning to get back on the horse but sometimes it may take me a few days! I am getting better about forgiving myself and moving on with my weight loss journey.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I totally agree! Some days are just harder than others. Especially when you are working out so hard, chasing kids all day, cleaning house, and running errands... on those days more food just feels needed! New days are always the best though! It's sometimes discouraging when I go over on my calories, but the next day when I do better it gives me confidence that I can still do this! Thanks for all the encouraging words!

More food MIGHT be needed. If you are working out and have a lot of activity going on, you should be adding more fuel to keep your body going.
  • RunNannyRun
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RunNannyRun
    Options

More food MIGHT be needed. If you are working out and have a lot of activity going on, you should be adding more fuel to keep your body going.

Yea I think so too. On some days I feel drained and I think it's because I'm not getting enough carbs and calories in with all the moving around I do. I do add extra calories for the workouts I do. But I don't add in for the other things. So I know on days I go over that I'm probably still doing good. But sometimes I worry that I'm not getting anywhere with my weight loss goal.