Looking for support in Seattle

csccrest
csccrest Posts: 5
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I'm looking for support and I'm in the Seattle area. I'm hoping to encourage and share stories and ideas to get this
health under control. Are you in? I lead a busy life and can't commit to every day, but definetly once a week.

Replies

• csccrest
    :flowerforyou:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    You looked so lonely I thought I'd comment. :) I'm north of Everett so in the general PNW area but there are lots of others too. Do a forum search and I'm sure you'll find one of the threads to say howdy in. And welcome!
  • csccrest
    Thank you so much! Can I ask how you reached the 25 mark? What kinds of things do you do instead of eating? Any advice would be helpful. If you goto a movie what kind of snack do you take? One of my current mini goals is to see a movie- i keep obsessing over what I'm going to take, how to keep me full before going, ect... :) Thank you for writing!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Well for me this is a lifestyle and not a "diet" so when I go to the movies I eat popcorn. It's one of the perks for me. :) Would I lose faster if I didn't have the occasional day like that? Probably. Would I stick to this longterm if I am super strict? Probably not!

I have a calorie restriction set at a pound a week and I exercise quite a bit. I do Taekwondo twice a week (sometimes more but that's my regular schedule) and I've been doing P90X. I also bike and try to just be more physical. I tend to try not to eat back the majority of my exercise calories because I have trouble on the weekends and usually end up over despite my best intentions. So I figure if I eat lower during the week it will all balance out in the end. I also try to keep my carbs from whole foods, avoid processed stuff as much as possible and keep my carbs between 100-150 depending on how active I've been that day.

I do the things that I have found work best for me but that doesn't mean what I do will give you the best results. My best advice to you is don't be afraid to tweak things if you find it isn't working. I was eating back my calories initially but found I wasn't losing so I stopped eating them all and saw progress. Of course it might have worked out just as well if I could just reign it in on the weekends but you have to choose your battles and my husband is home weekends and I have less control over things.
This discussion has been closed.