Is constipation one sign of weight loss?

Options
Hi lately I've been having a hard time dishing out all that "body trash". Normally my body gives me signals every morning but lately my body doesn't give me those signals anymore or perhaps only once a week. I've read somewhere before that its normal to have constipation when you are losing weight but I don't know if its true. I eat foods rich in fiber everyday and always count it in my diet but still couldn't get to my usual normal routine.

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    How's your water consumption? And, to be completely indelicate, are your bms hard and difficult to pass, or is the texture/form still normal for you?

Kris
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    No it is a sign that you are not drinking enough water and not enough fiber. Also if you are forced to be sedentary for a long time you can have constipation. So take in more water , fiber and exercise, Chris S. RN
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    If your metabolism is high and working well you poop a couple times a day. I would think constipation may be the opposite
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    Great Question, I am having sort of the same problem, but for me its either "to much to fast" or not at all. if you know what I mean, I just thought it was because I was eating WAY more fruits and veggies and more water and my body is just "adjusting" to my my new lifestyle.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    No it is a sign that you are not drinking enough water and not enough fiber. Also if you are forced to be sedentary for a long time you can have constipation. So take in more water , fiber and exercise, Chris S. RN

I'm actually active and apart from my exercise 5 days a week, I also walk 3-4kms everyday sometimes moderate, sometimes brisk and also do boxing and aikido training. I also take in lots of water and fiber and I sweat a lot. Perhaps I need to increase my water intake.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just went to the doctor 2 days ago for this very problem. For me, it was a spastic colon. Your colon is what absorbs water from your waste and forms your bowel movements (bms). If you suddenly change your diet, your colon will get confused and can either overwork (constipation and hard bms) or underwork (diarrhea and loose watery bms). He told me to take a fiber supplement once a day for a week and then twice a day for at least 3 weeks and it will correct itself. You should be getting around 25g of soluble fiber each day.

Did you recently change your eating habits? Are you getting enough soluble fiber in your diet? Are you getting too much?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    How's your water consumption? And, to be completely indelicate, are your bms hard and difficult to pass, or is the texture/form still normal for you?

Kris

i take the usual 8-10 glasses of water a day but perhaps i need to take in extra glasses of water because i'm active and sweat a lot. as for its texture, its normal and its not that difficult to pass. its just that lately i don't get much that feeling of going to the restroom anymore, unlike before wherein my body has an everyday "schedule".