loose skin

Options
so im worried about having loose skin by time im done with all this, this thought and stress is always in the back of my mind... :( and i cant afford surgery to get it removed nor do i want to go under the knife, so my question is for all you success stories out there, did you guys have loose skin, and if you did, did you get rid of it and how, and if you didnt how did you prevent from getting it!

Replies

• CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    With small and gradual weight loss, you need not worry about loose skin.
    On the other hand with quick and drastic weight loss then you will experience loose skin.
    Good Luck!
  • CharityAngel
    CharityAngel Posts: 111
    Options
    I was worried about the same thing, but I did this three day cleanse, and it tightened up. I found it in the Simply Woman book, it was week 9. My weight loss has not been all that gradual really, but it is starting to get that way.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    That was also my concern when I began my journey. To my surprise, my skin is tightening as I lose my weight. My trainer says, my body will continue to reshape itself and eventually be tight.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Loose skin in young people will often tighten up in time, particularly when weight loss is combined with building of muscle. A lot of surgeons require or suggest a two-year wait before they fix loose skin. Slow weight loss will help prevent loose skin.

I hear that massage and exfoliation can help as well.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I still have about 20 lbs to go, but I've lost about 98 lbs and my skin isn't that bad. I don't have loose skin on my stomach, just stretch marks which I'm sad about, but oh well. The only place I'm having a problem tightening up are my inner thighs and my chicken wings, haha. Everything is getting better with time though and unless I really point out my flaws to someone, they don't notice. Hang in there, losing the weight, even with some loose skin is wayyyy better than being fat.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    thanks for the replies, i just worry because ive lost 27lbs since march 16th and im not sure if that is too drastic or not, my goal every 2 months is 20lbs lost which i dont think is really that drastic, and im hoping to hit my main goal by september of next year, i guess maybe im just a major worry wart and stress about things i probably shouldnt stress about lol
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    I'm worried about the loose skin too because i have to lose 154lbs to hit my goal weight.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    i hear ya! i have 160lbs total to lose, but ive lost 27 so far, and still a long way to go, but at the slow rate im going which im ok with i wont hit my goal til september of next year! but slow and steady wins the race!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 86 pounds...and I am almost 50 years old, and my skin really doesn't look bad.....not as bad as the fat I had did!
    I have a little loose skin under my arms....all the rest looks pretty good. I lost the first 50 pound in a couple of months, then I slowed down for about 4 months. When the New Year hit I workout hard and lost another 30 or so pounds. I'm trying to lose it a little slower now. I have until Jan 2012 to hit my goal, and have another 14 pounds to go.

Good luck : )
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs and I am fortunate to have absolutely no loose skin. I lost it pretty quick to, all in about 8 months.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    I more have a sag of skin off havinf my children but its getting better with exercise and weight lifting.
  • charlotterick
    Options
    W
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, i just worry because ive lost 27lbs since march 16th and im not sure if that is too drastic or not,

Hi REALLY 27lb is not drastic when we talk drastic we are on about 100lb +,i have just started getting it on the inner thighs and the tops of my arms and a bit on the boobs...but i know it will get way worse as i have another 60 odd lb to go..but i would rather look like that(you can hide that)than be hugely fat(you can not hide that)!
    so you really have nothing to worry about
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic just like this a week ago and got some awesome feedback. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258273-excess-skin

Hope it helps you like it did me.