Life on Tour

smsamantham
smsamantham Posts: 7 Member
edited 5:44PM in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!!!

I'm all new to this site and really want to do well at it!

I was wondering if there were any other people out there who are touring or have a lifestyle where you are in a different city (or place) every week/day/month etc and find it difficult to balance lifestyle, food and exercise.

any help and support would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks

Sam.xx

Replies

• lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Welcome to you! I don't travel much, but when I go on short vacations I find it difficult to "stay on track" with my eating plan. My suggestions for you would be to log in to MFP every day for motivation, try to drink lots of water & make sure to log everything you eat/drink. Even if you're not sure what the calorie/nutrition content is for some foods eaten at restaurants, etc., at least find something close in the food database. Happy touring!:happy:
  • Rachaelworld
    Rachaelworld Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there,

How are you travelling? Are you in your own vehicle (car/tour bus) or taking flights or other public transport. The answer will have a bearing on what you can do to prepare and bring stuff with you.

But the same as if you were at home, you need to research properly what your choices are, and do as much preparation in advance as possible.

If you are in your own vehicle then invest in some Tupperware type containers and maybe a cooler box, and bring with you as much as you can. Every few days take an hour or two to wash and prepare lots of veggies for salads (steamed broccoli and other veggies are delicious in salads and add bulk so they fill you up more) Bring things like low fat cottage cheese and yoghurt, tuna in brine, and in advance, slow boil up some chicken breasts for eating cold (15-20mins max, add seasoning to the water) etc so that you have stuff to snack on or add protein to a salad or snack, and also that you have stuff for breakfast, making sure you have a good filling breakfast will help you be good for the rest of the day and it kick starts your metabolism too. Keep in mind this phrase; "Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dinner like a Pauper" and you'll go right. Think of things like a broth type soup (Instant Miso Soup packets that can be made by just adding water would be good, toss in some spinach at the last minute) for dinner or a very light salad.
    And research and have a think in advance about what sorts of meals in restaurants and diners will work for you, and what modifications may be needed, that way you won't be having to use as much will power when you are hungry and the waitress is standing there waiting for an order!
    Oh, and bring your own salad dressing stuff, get some extra virgin olive oil and some good vinegar (raw cider vinegar is good stuff, look it up) and measure it out and bring it with you to restaurants and use yours instead of theirs. That way you stay in control of the fat content. Not to mention get the better fats as restaurants don't always use the good oils and you need the good oils.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.