first post after 120 days

Options
Hey, I've had great results and have even reached my target weight. I am stuck at that weight. I want to loose a few more lbs. but havent seen much change for the last 30 days. I am down 32 lbs and feel better than I have in 20 years.

How do you stay motivated to continue entering this stuff.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not at my goal weight yet, but I feel like it's still a good idea to continue logging at least until the whole process becomes second nature. I could see myself slacking off on portion control if I wasn't logging it for the world of MFP to see :) Great job by the way!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well...don't motivate yourself the way I did. I lost 40 lbs. and then stopped tracking after a little while. I am here now because over the past couple of years I gained 15 lbs. back because I lost all sense of portion control and the amount of calories I was really eating. Better to just stay on here and keep yourself accountable.

Good job making your goal weight, BTW!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far. :happy:

Why don't you treat this like starting over from square one...log into your diary every morning with a plan ...make sure you stick to your plan for the day...log out at night with "submit this diary" and see if you drop those last stubborn pounds.

Try it as an experiment to see if you can find the loop holes you might be missing.

(I have logged on 66 days in a row and am still in the active stage of losing but even after 20# it is slower now. I am NOT going backwards to re-do this loss though...so I am here every morning looking for inspiration and motivation.)

Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    congrats! If youve stalled, you need to look at your diary, calorie intake and exercise and jump start your body into thinking it's getting a real hard workout again. Do this by eating a bit more and/or doing a more intense exercise routine, make your body realize that the food/exercise isn't the same old thing that it's usually expecting...

Once I reach my goal, or further and begin maintenance, I know I'm going to have to stay here and log my food and exercise, or I will get lazy and lose control of my portions and moderation again...It's been something I've been thinking about a lot lately...