I stalled...

Options
I am new to cal. counting....so in 5 weeks I lost 13 lbs (more than I expected) and would like to lose 10 more. 5'5" and started at a weight 156 lbs. Now I'm 143. I take in around 1200 cal/day when not exercising (my knee was giving me trouble). As I get back into my exercise routine and bump my calories back to 1600...right now I stalled in my weight loss. As of now I'm not gaining or losing over the last 2 weeks. I keep my carbs & fat below the daily recommended & usually double my protein intake. Any suggestions to get around this plateau? If my knee holds, I will increase my exercise routine back to 5 times a week as I train for a half marathon in October.

Replies

• AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too but I think our bodys are reacting to such a drastic change in lifestyle. No worries, just keep it up and know that one day you'll wake up and will have lost a few lbs and it will gradually pick up from there. Hang in there and WTG!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Reduce your weight loss per week goal to no more than 1 pound per week. Half a pound would even be better. That will raise the number of calories you can eat, which you need to do when you are close to your goal weight. Basically unless you are really short 1200 per day is not enough for you to continue losing weight.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs & fat below the daily recommended & usually double my protein intake.

Fats are really important though and I wouldn't try to keep them too much under your limit. Here's a post on why healthy fats are good for you!

http://thehealthyapron.com/2011/05/08/dont-fear-the-fat/

I'm not sure how much under the limit you are as your diary isn't public but...
    pic_2-e1303406537260.png