Does anyone do daily affirmations?

Options
RhonndaJ
RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
Well, my question is pretty much what I'd like to know. I used to do this sometime back when I was battling the worst of my depression, but I stopped, now I'm thinking of doing it again.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I do daily affirmations as part of my routine, but I do have a series of things I repeat to myself when I'm getting down or when I can't get motivated to do something. They do help. If they helped you before, do it! :)
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Not to be overly simplistic, but I think that any tool that you use that works is worth using. Daily affirmations are good way to get yourself into the right mindset to do pretty much anything. If it will help you, then by all means, use them!!!
  • numejak
    numejak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to! And they really, really work. The hard part is making them mean something every day... if you get into too much of a habit and just recite the affirmations, they become mundane after a while and the words lose their meaning due to repetition, and it stops working. that's the hard part: keeping them fresh every day and applying meaning and emotion to your words every time you affirm.
  • Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    Bump
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well, my question is pretty much what I'd like to know. I used to do this sometime back when I was battling the worst of my depression, but I stopped, now I'm thinking of doing it again.

Not to sound like a quack but have you ever read the book The Secret? I used t have a bulletin board with everything I wanted on it. Including my head that I photoshoped on a nice body. It really helped. I lost alot of weight then and it helped in alot of other areas too. It had an lots of quotes and pictures on it. I read them all everyday. It was in my bedroom to I had to see it all the time. I just decided yesterday I will be putting mine back up.

This will be my first new quote I add

At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils.
    And with boiling water, comes steam.
    And steam can power a locomotive.

Sometimes all it takes is that one extra degree that can mean the difference between no change and real results. When you think of stopping just push yourself a little further. Go that extra degree. Often times it can make all the difference.
  • Caprirenee925
    Options
    http://youtu.be/qR3rK0kZFkg

here's some motivation!