is my breakfast balanced?

Options
hi,
i just ate my breakfast (check out my diary) and am a little confused. i ate more than i usually do and am still hungry. any suggestions on how to improve my meal/ what i should cut out?
thanks!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast looks pretty balanced in my opinion. Some days I eat breakfast and the bigger breakfast I eat, the hungrier I am. I don't know why but it's just the way it is.
  • dannysilvestre
    Options
    Hello.

think your breakfast is not bad, but i would tell you to try and eat some cereal like low fat cornflakes or porridge with skimmed milk and a fruit. cereals release energy slowly so you will feel well fuller and the milk is a great source of calcium and proteins. At least it works really really well for me. I often have porridge oats with 200ml skimmed milk and a banana or apple. I feel really full.

hope that helps

Danny xx
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi!

It may be worthwhile to change your Food Settings to tracking sugar (maybe instead of Potassium). If any foods are too high in sugar, including sugar in the form of fructose, you'll can have a sudden rush of energy but then a drop down, which will make you feel like you are hungry. A real key for everyone is to try and keep your blood sugar levels from the big peaks and troughs.

Hope that helps... :smile:
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Options
    Hi!

It may be worthwhile to change your Food Settings to tracking sugar (maybe instead of Potassium). If any foods are too high in sugar, including sugar in the form of fructose, you'll can have a sudden rush of energy but then a drop down, which will make you feel like you are hungry. A real key for everyone is to try and keep your blood sugar levels from the big peaks and troughs.

• Sparrow_Feet
    Options
    Hi!

• stronglikebull
    Options
    i went back through a couple days in your diary and you need to eat more fat. it will sate you a lot better than protein or carbs. try cooking your eggs with olive oil or adding some chopped walnuts to your yogurt/berries. half an ounce to an ounce will do, its a little change but it makes such a big difference you'll be surprised.
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Options
    Sorry...computer slow so it posted 3 times (I don't know how to delete a post...)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful breakfast! Although you may still feel hungry, you are giving your body a great start to the day!!! Sometimes our bodies will confuse hunger with dehydration. I see you haven't logged any water yet. Try to drink a big glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you are still hungry, have a snack like a banana, orange, grapes, nuts, etc.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal (old-fashioned rolled oats) for breakfast the other day with just a bit of walnuts, some apple and cream, and I was actually full until lunch. I added brown sugar too. Today I didn't have the nuts, and I substituted honey for the brown sugar. Very yummy. Under 400 calories. Today it was under 300 because I didn't have nuts.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    Doesn't look bad. I would recommend you eat whole eggs since all the nutrients are in the yolks.
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    looks alright to me.. but i noticed you didnt have anything listed to drink and your water was at 0... try drinking a glass of water before your breakfast next time, or maybe even after.... it usually helps me!!! :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    looks alright to me.. but i noticed you didnt have anything listed to drink and your water was at 0... try drinking a glass of water before your breakfast next time, or maybe even after.... it usually helps me!!! :)

That's a great idea, it's good to drink 2 cups of water with meals
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    no water + the sodium from deli meats could leave you feeling pretty dehydrated... try eating meats that are as unprocessed as possible when you can :) and adding a whole egg in there would be a great way to get some added fats and awesome nutrients!
  • tdot64
    tdot64 Posts: 19
    Options
    whoops- never actually log my water
    usually (like this morning) i have 2 glasses before i eat and one while i eat, so i don't really think water is the issue.

i generally am ALWAYS hungry and judging from my food diary, i cannot tell why! i thought it all looked pretty good to me...