I'm Stuck, HELP!

Options
I am a 43 year old, teacher and mom of 4 kids. I am 5"7 and weigh 139. My goal weigh is 130 as that is where my clothes fit nicely and I feel happiest. I keep losing 3, gaining 3, not getting past 136 or even close to 130.

I eat about 1500 calories a day, go to Zumba 3x per week and live an active lifestyle. I know some people say that must be my "Happy Weight" but I'm not happy about it, lol.

Any help on how to get rid of those last 9 pounds would be appreciated!

Replies

• EmilySG2011
    Options
    Maybe the 1500 calories are too much while you are trying to drop a few pounds. I am also experiencing the same problem with 2-3 lbs back and forth. I'm not sure why either. Maybe try throwing in extra water or just walking on the days you are not doing Zumba. It's a real struggle to keep going back and forth.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try some different type of exercise. You body may be use to Zumba and "sees" it as normal activity.
  • KateEats
    KateEats Posts: 4
    Options
    Eliminating/reducing all white stuff makes the biggest difference for me. No rice, potatoes, pasta, sugar, bread, etc. To do it an not feel deprived, I double my green vegetables, and halve my carb intake! This gives a reduction in calories/carbs but still able to fill up.
  • judysutt
    judysutt Posts: 1
    Options
    try to stick to 1200 calories a day and add more protien and fiber. Good Luck
  • ktdonovan19
    Options
    I'm having the same exactl problem - I met my first goal of 139 and my new goal of 130 seems unreachable...I hit a couple of plateaus along the way but nothing like this. I too keep going up and down a few pounds but the lowest I've gotten is 134 and am currently back up to 136.5. I eat under 1400 calories a day, drink lots of water, work out at least 5 times a week, and have a very varied workout routine ranging from 4-5 mile runs, to bootcamp style training, to kickboxing, intervals, etc.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think I just discovered that I was eating to little....Maybe thats your issue. It cant hurt to experiment a little...
  • alex_marie85
    Options
    Change up your workout routine...your body can and does adapt to a routine so shake it up.....do some strength training and concentrate on the biggest muscle groups with low weight and hi reps. Go walking or do interval walking/jogging. Also maybe switch up your eating. I hit a plateau and so I replaced my normal low fat carbs with lean protein and found myself fuller longer and finally dropping some weight.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Change your diet and exercise a bit and you'll drop at least that's what happened to me.
  • ressinger
    ressinger Posts: 2
    Options
    eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up in the morning. Make sure you have protein, carb and fiber for breakfast. Make sure you a drinking at least 48-50 oz water a day and another 8 oz for every 20 min of exercise.. make sure you are getting enough fiber 25-30 g per day. at 5 7 139 your BMI is 22 which is quite good.
  • 52baltimoreravens52
    52baltimoreravens52 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'm going to try to integrate all of them starting with more water and exercise on the days I don't do Zumba. It's also comforting to hear that I'm not alone in this frustrating struggle. Thanks again! :flowerforyou: