joining to support my dear wife

Options
Hello!

I joined to help support my wife who has joined today as well. I decided to put myself down for a goal as well. it never hurts to work towards being healthier.

I've already added a days worth of meals and exercise (I'm currently in Afghanistan so I'm several hours ahead of the US at this point) and already I see that I'll meet my stated goal within the timeframe if I continue with this as planned.

Looking forward to continuing to coach my wife as well as she explores the forums as well.

Thanks for hosting this.

BMD

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    welcome!

And thanks for your service to our country.
  • MrsK612
    MrsK612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a nice thing to do! For her..and for your health. My husband is doing the same for me. We are enjoying comparing notes, and tackling some of the challenges together.

Good luck to you both!
    Shannon
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    You are a wonderful husband for supporting your wife in her journey! Motivation and support are keys to success. Good luck to you both. God bless and be safe!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What a lucky woman your wife is! Welcome and a huge THANK YOU for your service! Good luck to both of you on your healthy journey!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a great website and I think you will both find it helpful and kind of fun! I'm assuming that you are in the military, so thank you soooo much for your service and dedication.
  • SueHerm
    SueHerm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How sweet you are to do that. I hope it does great things for you wife, and for you as well.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Truly awesome... point her in this direction so we can welcome her to the site!
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thing to do to support your wife!!! And it will help to keep you close, even though the distance is far. Thank you for your service to our country. I hope that the troops will be coming home soon. Stay safe!!!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Thank you for your service. :smile:
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Thank you so much for your service!:flowerforyou:
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    My wife has joined (she is on my friend list) and we will be joining a challenge group together for the summer. This way we can have an intermediate goal enroute to out final goal for next year.

I've promised her a Caribbean cruise and few other personal rewards if she makes her desired goal in 18 months. I hope to use this 10 week challenge group to make my goal weight (a 12lb loss - a small loss but I've already lost 18lbs in this deployment) prior to my return home and then use the follow-on challenge groups to maintain my weight while continuing to support my wife's goals.

Bruce
  • HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic and what an incentive for your wife! All the best to you both and I wish you a safe and speedy return from Afghanistan. :happy: