Where to measure waist?

Options
So, where exactly is the waist - and inch above the belly button, on the belly button below the belly button?

what about hips is this the widest part above the above and before the bum?

When measuring arms do you measure half way between joints or at the top?

Again for thighs? I have been measuring half way but when i remeasure I wonder if im doing a different spot!

I know it doesn't matter as long as im measuring in the same place when I measure again but just wondered.

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I don't think it matters so much where you measure as long as you measure in the same spot every time! I measure the smallest part of my mid section and the largest.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know for sure too!
  • alvi002
    alvi002 Posts: 23
    Options
    go to teambeachbody.com and there is a video on how to correctly measure yourself
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I read that its just above where you can feel the top of your hip bone .... and your hip measurement is down at the top of your thighs.

But I agree with other posters .... as long as you're measuring the same place each time it doesn't matter if you're not too accurate
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Some months I seem to drop a few inches and others none at all! Will check out that website! Thanks
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Agree, keep measuring in the same spot.

Waist measuring - especially for trousers etc - always throws me, especially as if I were to wear my trousers as high where you are supposed to measure the waist, it would look odd!
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep will try and remember to measure the same spot, not lower the tape to a smaller spot either ;)

Why is it it never comes off where you want it too, my mid thigh section is shirking marvellously yet the upper inner thighs - not so well!