"Good for you" fast food

Options
2»

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I can't do the fast food salads since they're all pretty much pre-packaged with chicken in them. So my go-to meal of choice is a Taco Bell Bean & Cheese burrito (about 370 cals) with a unsweetened iced tea (0 cal). You just have to watch your sodium for the rest of the day!
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Crunchy Chicken Taco..... as long as you keep track of your sodium for the rest of your day, you can have 3 for 450 cal at a meal.

Better than a few subway sandwiches and waaaay better than the meals at McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr, or Jack in the Box.

Taco Bell better than Subway?! Oh man, I think I have a hard time agreeing with that, but to each there own.

I work out of a car everyday I work, and it's generally 10 hour shifts. If I have a chance to stop and get food it's always Subway. I get a 12" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, only eat half and save the other for later. Substitute the chips with apples and you are under 500 calories and full! People get on Subway for sodium, but it's not bad in comparison to a lot of other things. *COUGHTACOBELLCOUGH*
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Crunchy Chicken Taco..... as long as you keep track of your sodium for the rest of your day, you can have 3 for 450 cal at a meal.

Better than a few subway sandwiches and waaaay better than the meals at McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr, or Jack in the Box.

Taco Bell better than Subway?! Oh man, I think I have a hard time agreeing with that, but to each there own.

I work out of a car everyday I work, and it's generally 10 hour shifts. If I have a chance to stop and get food it's always Subway. I get a 12" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, only eat half and save the other for later. Substitute the chips with apples and you are under 500 calories and full! People get on Subway for sodium, but it's not bad in comparison to a lot of other things. *COUGHTACOBELLCOUGH*

I did say it depends on the sandwich. And what you have on it condiment wise.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    McAlister's has some great choices and has a choose two option and if you pick the right options you can keep a meal well under 500 calories like any fast food watch your sodium intake for the day. If I get a salad I substitute vinegar for a high fat or high sodium alternative.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I travel frequently, which means eating out and fast food more often than is desirable.

Taco Bell has some options, but have to watch the sodium as everyone else said. Wendy's has some choices. I'm loving Burger King's Tendergrill salads right now. Everything is separated so I can leave out the cheese and croutons unless I want them. You can also order it without the chicken, but it's ooh so good with the chicken. McDonald's regular grilled chicken sandwich is okay, but watch the mayo. Starbucks has awesome oatmeal and all the toppings are in separate packages so you can control your portions.

The best trick I've learned is to just plan ahead. View the menu online, select the best available option, and then order without looking at the menu when you arrive. As I research more and more restaurants it's getting easier with fewer incidents of blowing my calories on something that makes me feel awful. lol