October Shred Challenge

Sooooo I'm totally going to do the 30 Day Shred Challenge in October and was wondering if anyone wanted to join in with me?!?!

Let me know! :wink:

Replies

• Sooooo I'm totally going to do the 30 Day Shred Challenge in October and was wondering if anyone wanted to join in with me?!?!

Let me know! :wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Sorry I'm kind of a dingy. What exactly is the Shred Challenge?
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Its the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred DVD. She claims if you do it you can lose up to 20 pounds in one month. I dont have that dvd so I wasnt in Sept. challenge.

Connie
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Sure, I'll be doing it, but every other day. About half way through last time, my shoulders (the left one to be precise) took a real beating with the push ups, and it took about a week to recover). Alf was right - if you are not modifiying some of the moves, it's just too intense to do daily.
    :flowerforyou:

Oh, and the Shred Challenge is a challenge to do "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred" every day or every other day (see above) and see if we can get "shredded" in 30 days! Or, 31 days for the month of October!
  • For those of you that have Comcast OnDemand...its in the Sports and Fitness section. They have level 1 AND level 2!!! So I don't have the DVD either, but I'll still be Shreddin'!!!

I have only done it everyother day as well...I'm going to try to do it everyday and see how I feel...but I definitely think its too intense for some to do everyday...maybe even me! hahahah...we'll see how it goes!!!

OH and the dvd is less than $10.00 at Walmart for those of you that want to join in!! :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Count me out I guess I don't have the dvd either.:frown: Wal mart is 50 miles away, maybe I can join in November
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I have a walmart here but they dont sell many workout dvds only about 8 of them.
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    i am in! i just ordered mine last week on amazon so as soon as i get it i will start:smile: yay!!
  • I bought mine at the Best Buys for $13.
  • I know you can get them from Target and of course Walmart.com and Target.com...amazon.com and many more.

Boy howdy...its a great workout...that is for sure!!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    I lost 10 lbs doing this last month. I am only going to do it every other day this month and the treadmill 4 miles on my off days.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • I'm all over it!!!

count me in!!!

has anyone on here lost 20lbs in 30 days?

how long is the DVD?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Sure, I'll be doing it, but every other day. About half way through last time, my shoulders (the left one to be precise) took a real beating with the push ups, and it took about a week to recover). Alf was right - if you are not modifiying some of the moves, it's just too intense to do daily.

Oh, and the Shred Challenge is a challenge to do "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred" every day or every other day (see above) and see if we can get "shredded" in 30 days! Or, 31 days for the month of October!

Ok, so really what fitness level do you need to be at to do this? I do ALOT of cardio, water aerobics, Yoga, strength training and anything else that sounds good while I'm there at the gym. :laugh:

I LOVE WORKIN OUT....please don't send hate mail:huh: :laugh:

Is this something you can do at home on the 3rd floor? ROFL ....what I mean is....jumpin rope and such is not something I think I want to do for the neighbors sake....livin in an apt building and all..

So break it down for me someone in the know...please?:tongue:

Big thanks !:drinker:
  • I'm all over it!!!

count me in!!!

how long is the DVD?

Cool. You'll love it!

I think those who lose 20 pound in 30 days are people with a LOT to lose. BUT...as you can see below some have lost 10 pounds in the month!! Heck, I'll take 10 pounds gone over nothin ANYDAY!!!

The DVD is actually 3 seperate 25 min workouts. Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. Level one has kicked my butt, I've only done it twice...but it was INSANE!!! So I think it will probably take 10 days for me to move to level 2...and then another 10 days to move to level 3...I think that is how it was designed...

Its a great strength training workout to add to my cardio that I already do each morning. :)
  • AJCM
    I'm all over it!!!

count me in!!!

how long is the DVD?

We did this challenge last month - Emikarls was the superstar with her 10 pound loss, and some of us broke through plateaus which was great! 20lbs in 30 days probably a little lofty, but I think that 2-3lbs a week, while following the calorie guidlines is doable!
  • :happy: I would like to try it to...but I don't have the video. As soon as I get it from Amazon (think I saw it there), I'll check in. I will probably do every other day. I have an elbow injury (tennis elbow) that is just starting to get better, so will be babying it thru any of the weight lifting segments.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    For those of you that have Comcast OnDemand...its in the Sports and Fitness section. They have level 1 AND level 2!!! So I don't have the DVD either, but I'll still be Shreddin'!!!

I've noticed one bad thing about the routines OnDemand....there is no warm-up time and no cool down. :frown:
  • For those of you that have Comcast OnDemand...its in the Sports and Fitness section. They have level 1 AND level 2!!! So I don't have the DVD either, but I'll still be Shreddin'!!!

I've noticed one bad thing about the routines OnDemand....there is no warm-up time and no cool down. :frown:

There is on mine....its only like 2 min warm up and 2 min cool down...but there is one. I haven't done the DVD so I don't know if there is more of both on the DVD or not. :)
  • AJCM
    For those of you that have Comcast OnDemand...its in the Sports and Fitness section. They have level 1 AND level 2!!! So I don't have the DVD either, but I'll still be Shreddin'!!!

There is on mine....its only like 2 min warm up and 2 min cool down...but there is one. I haven't done the DVD so I don't know if there is more of both on the DVD or not. :)

Yes, there is a breif warm up and cool down - but you can do your own cool down at your house after any workout - just walk around and stretch a bit! As for warm up, if a video doesn't have a sufficient warm up, just add your own before you start the video.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member

Yes, there is a breif warm up and cool down - but you can do your own cool down at your house after any workout - just walk around and stretch a bit! As for warm up, if a video doesn't have a sufficient warm up, just add your own before you start the video.

Must just be the Biggest Loser Cardiomax that is missing it :flowerforyou: