Water Aerobics!?!?

adrian_indy
adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
My wife had to be at work by 11 today and wanted to go to the gym before work with me. She wanted to do water Aerobics, and since I am getting sick of the treadmill I said I would do it too. Holy Crap! If you give it your all and don't cheat, it's a hell of a work out! We are both in our early thirties and I was...not convinced to say the least that I was going to get anything out of something that so many old people do, but I got my butt kicked.

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    It's a great workout
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    I have bad knees so I get in the water and flat out run for 60 minutes, and I can sure feel it. (I had a dietician tell me that I couldn't possibly raise my heart rate to get a good workout in the water, and that I needed to find something else to do.) I found a new dietician fast. My philosophy is to get in t:smile: he water and as long as my arms and legs are moving and moving fast, then I'm getting a workout.
  • athaliah
    athaliah Posts: 24 Member
    Its a great workout. There several ways to make it more intense if your getting used to it. Move to deeper or shallower water. Raise your hands above the waterline, do the moves without touching the bottom. (Makes you focus on your CORE a whole lot more as you struggle to stay in place)

Always talk to the person leading the class. They will have tips on how to modify it to make it better for you. If you have a bad back or a bad knee, they will tell you to usually go to the deeper water and take some of the weight off of of things. Or how to modify things to make it harder. Mine talks about level one, two and three versions of the exercises.

And yes, its very hard to notice the sweat when your getting splashed. And you do sweat!
  • HAHA Today we went to water zumba. Wow was that quite a workout. I will go back because it was too much fun.
This discussion has been closed.