Trying to adopt...

Options
a new dog!

We've finally decided it was time to get another dog. It's been 2 years since my baby boy Nels passed away and I think my DH, me, and our Lab-mix, Emily, are all ready for a new kid in the house.

Sooo, we're trying to adopt another Australian Cattle Dog!

I'm waiting to hear back from the Foster Lady as to if we're "approved" or not but I think it's going to be ok--I mean, geesh, I've had dogs for over 20 years and have 5 years experience as an ACO. I'm home most of the time, if I'm not my DH is, we've had Cattle Dogs before, etc. etc. etc. So, I'm pretty sure it will go through.

I can't wait! I'm already in love with this little guy! excited.gif

Here's his photos--aint' he soooooo cute!

Ardan_NC4.jpg

Ardan_NC5.jpg

Ardan_NC6.jpg

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    a new dog!

We've finally decided it was time to get another dog. It's been 2 years since my baby boy Nels passed away and I think my DH, me, and our Lab-mix, Emily, are all ready for a new kid in the house.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Foster Lady as to if we're "approved" or not but I think it's going to be ok--I mean, geesh, I've had dogs for over 20 years and have 5 years experience as an ACO. I'm home most of the time, if I'm not my DH is, we've had Cattle Dogs before, etc. etc. etc. So, I'm pretty sure it will go through.

Ardan_NC4.jpg

Ardan_NC5.jpg

Ardan_NC6.jpg
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

We're not Adopting, but we are expecting. My little Yorkie is going to be having babies in October. She's not the cutest Yorkie in the world so we chose to breed her to my girlfriends Shih-Tzu instead of another Yorkie. I can't wait to have the new babies. Do you know it they let you take family medical leave for that?:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    Options
    They should! I"ve always said that I should be allowed to deduct my dogs on my IRS tax forms--they are my children, after all!
  • shorerider
    Options
    No one else likes my possible new doggie? :frown:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OMG...ADORABLE!!!! I have two Brittanys at home as well as two kitties. Love my babies!!! I wish you the best of luck...but sounds like your pretty much in! CONGRATS then!:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    I'm waiting and waiting and waiting to hear and so far-nothing! 42.gif
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    how cute and FANTASTIC for you to save him!!! My two babies are rescues, my dads wasn't but I wont hold it against him!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    He looks like a HANDFUL. Hope your energy levels hold out!!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    He looks like a HANDFUL. Hope your energy levels hold out!!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:

yeah, I'll have an extra way to exercise by keeping up with him! He's only 1 year old
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    a new dog!

He looks smart. Where does he ride on your bike?

Ardan_NC4.jpg

Ardan_NC5.jpg

Ardan_NC6.jpg
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    aawwwww cuteeee

i want a puppy too.......

but i live in an appartment (no animals allowed) and the bf is alergic..

but i wanttttttttttt oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • shorerider
    Options
    He looks smart. Where does he ride on your bike?

Had to look for your question--LOL, I would love to have one of those little buggy things you pull behind your bike--that would be cool!