Ate after midnight, what day do I count?

Options
So I had over 400 cals left yesterday and went to denny's and ate 650 but it was around 12:45. Should I count that as yesterday? Count it as today? Split it? What do you think? I didn't go to bed til 2am.

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i would count it as yesterday, since you went to sleep and now you've started a new day.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Count it as yesterday. My new days dont count until I go to bed & wake up. Lol.
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing as the others. Waking up starts any new day
  • rosebslim
    rosebslim Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree with jennwoodley. If you ate it before going to bed count it as the end of the day before and start a new day after a night's sleep.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. :) Thanks!
    I'll just try and be more modest with my calories today.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you hadn't been to sleep yet - I would count it on yesterday.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy that I didn't overdo it too much! I could have been REALLY bad there. ;) I also didn't eat the entirety of the dish, but I am not sure what to count off for on the calculations since I ate all the fish but not all of the rice, so I just counted the whole thing... so I was probably only off by 200 cals and I'm set to lose 1.5/week - so I don't think I had enough to gain in any way, just lose a little slower. ;)

Today I have a bday party to go to, so I'll be careful until then and account for it all!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy that I didn't overdo it too much! I could have been REALLY bad there. ;) I also didn't eat the entirety of the dish, but I am not sure what to count off for on the calculations since I ate all the fish but not all of the rice, so I just counted the whole thing... so I was probably only off by 200 cals and I'm set to lose 1.5/week - so I don't think I had enough to gain in any way, just lose a little slower. ;)

Today I have a bday party to go to, so I'll be careful until then and account for it all!

As long as you don't do it all the time - going over now and again won't hurt your weight loss any. You might actually be surprised to see a loss just because you changed things up some and confused your body a little bit. I would drink a bunch of water though since a lot of stuff at restaurants are full of sodium.
  • sloanranger57
    Options
    I work nights, so always go 12 mnt to 12 mnt, even when I am off nights, I still do the same and when i keep within my calories it still works.