Flat out pizzas

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I'm not sure if you guys have tried making a pizza with the flat out wraps, but it is AMAZING!!! I made my own faux sauce (added tons of veggies to jarred pizza sauce; so many veggies it doubled the amount of sauce!!) and just added some shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni. The whole pizza was under 300 calories. Definitely becoming staple foods at my house. No need to order pizza out again because it is super easy and oh so tasty. Try it, I promise you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sb_summer
    sb_summer Posts: 8
    Options
    My brother-in-law does this with pitas, and he even assembles 6 or 8 at a time, then freezes them! It's a great idea, he can pull one straight from the freezer to the oven and have pizza in less time than delivery takes. Hmm, I should get him to make me some.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you guys have tried making a pizza with the flat out wraps, but it is AMAZING!!! I made my own faux sauce (added tons of veggies to jarred pizza sauce; so many veggies it doubled the amount of sauce!!) and just added some shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni. The whole pizza was under 300 calories. Definitely becoming staple foods at my house. No need to order pizza out again because it is super easy and oh so tasty. Try it, I promise you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!

They are amazing! I've come up with some great creations with them. For an extra crunchy crust, I rub a little olive oil on both sides, add some squeeze garlic for flavor, and then bake for about 5 minutes. Then I add my toppings. I made an italian style one with italian turkey, kalmatta olives, feta, and veggies. I also made a healthy taco one with turkey taco meat! SO many options!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law does this with pitas, and he even assembles 6 or 8 at a time, then freezes them! It's a great idea, he can pull one straight from the freezer to the oven and have pizza in less time than delivery takes. Hmm, I should get him to make me some.

Why have I never thought to do this with pittas ? :laugh:
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    These are also really great with flat bread. It is slightly higher calorie than the flat-out, but it is really tasty! I can have a whole pizza for about 400 calories.
  • bean6344
    bean6344 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been making these since I started eating healthier 3 months ago. I highly reccomend them, too.

Also, Publix has them buy one get one free this week for those of you that also live in the southeast.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I love flat-out pizzas!

image.jpg
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Portabella mushrooms make a good substitute for pizza dough. You just bake them at 350 for about 10 minutes then soak up any moisture with a paper towel and them top them with cheese and turkey pepperroni and veggies, etc. and then heat them till the cheese melts - they are awesome and if you watch how much cheese you use - very healthy and low in cal's for you.
  • susiewusie
    Options
    These are also really great with flat bread. It is slightly higher calorie than the flat-out, but it is really tasty! I can have a whole pizza for about 400 calories.

Whats the difference between flat bread and flat out bread ? Never heard of flat out before .
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Whats the difference between flat bread and flat out bread ? Never heard of flat out before .

I was wondering the exact same thing. I make mine on pita bread. I love it!!
  • susiewusie
    Options
    I love flat-out pizzas!

image.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: that looks lush :smile:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Okay.... I just saw the pic of that pizza and I'm in LOVE!!!!! LOL

I mentioned to someone that I was going to make one this weekend, but I've never seen one. I'm on my way to a wedding in a little bit, then I'm rushing home to make myself a pizza. I think I'll pop in a mystery of some sort and then I'll have a perfect evening!.... except, it would probably be better if I had a special someone to share it with..... Nah, what am I thinking??? It's pizza! I would never share my individual pizza anyway! LOL

BTW... great idea on freezing some for later. Can that be done with the flat out???? probably not cuz they are floppy. Right?
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Okay.... I just saw the pic of that pizza and I'm in LOVE!!!!! LOL

I mentioned to someone that I was going to make one this weekend, but I've never seen one. I'm on my way to a wedding in a little bit, then I'm rushing home to make myself a pizza. I think I'll pop in a mystery of some sort and then I'll have a perfect evening!.... except, it would probably be better if I had a special someone to share it with..... Nah, what am I thinking??? It's pizza! I would never share my individual pizza anyway! LOL

BTW... great idea on freezing some for later. Can that be done with the flat out???? probably not cuz they are floppy. Right?

If you put them side by side on a tray and freeze them it can be done on the flat out. Once they freeze they won't be floppy anymore and you'll be able to wrap them or put them in freezer bags.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Heads up: the light italian flat out (90 calories) tastes like thin crust pizza dough. NOT KIDDING. So, don't just get the original flat out!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options

If you put them side by side on a tray and freeze them it can be done on the flat out. Once they freeze they won't be floppy anymore and you'll be able to wrap them or put them in freezer bags.

GREAT! Thanks for the tip! :0)
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Does it make a floppy pizza? Can you share any other tips for making sure it turns out, and are there any "mental adjustments" needed to enjoy it?
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For UK'ers try the Warburtons 'Squares'. 159 cals and amazing! You can crisp it up a little under the grill first and then I usually add a few tablespoons of spicy salsa, add some lean ham and half fat strong cheddar and then any veggies lying about (mushrooms, tomatoes etc.) and have an amazing pizza for about 300 - 350! Takes about ten minutes and so yummy!

When the family are ordering in I just make myself one of these and get to join in on pizza night without the guilt!
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options

I was wondering the exact same thing. I make mine on pita bread. I love it!!

Flat-out is more like a tortilla, it is just as thin but it has a oval shape. Flat bread is more like pita
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Making one of these now!!!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump!