USA School/Public Holidays 2013 Help Needed!

Options
Hi! I hope that someone from across the pond would be kind enough to help me. Me and hubby are planning an extra special holiday to Orlando, Florida in 2013. We wanted to incorporate my 40th birthday in the trip, but it is in the last week of June and someone has told me that the schools break up then and it will be really busy. Is that right? We want to go in the first half of the year as we also have our wedding anniversary to celebrate so we thought if June isn't suitable maybe April/May - do you think that the last week in April and first week in May would be better or is Spring break then? I know that Easter is at the end of March 2013 so I'm not sure if Spring break is then.
We want to go when it's not crazy busy (if that's possible!) but keeping it in the first half of the year.
I would really appreciate some help and any tips anyone may have. Thank you! x

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Spring break is usually end of march first week of April, to incorporate Easter, and Orlando in June is like super humid unbearable heat if you could go at end of April, it would still be warm, and less busy
  • katishaw
    katishaw Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Big Beaver, thanks for the info, it was very helpful