Updating goals...

Options
I decided to update my goals because I wanted to up my exercise goal and get more fiber in my diet. I noticed after I did so that my calorie intake dropped by 10. I figured out that it dropped because MFP automatically entered my current weight into figuring up my needed calorie deficit. How often should you update that? Or should you not do it at all? Or does it matter? What do you guys think?

puzzled_by_smashinggirl.jpg

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I decided to update my goals because I wanted to up my exercise goal and get more fiber in my diet. I noticed after I did so that my calorie intake dropped by 10. I figured out that it dropped because MFP automatically entered my current weight into figuring up my needed calorie deficit. How often should you update that? Or should you not do it at all? Or does it matter? What do you guys think?

puzzled_by_smashinggirl.jpg
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I update my weight and my goals every week when I weigh in (Sunday mornings). I don't want to be eating calorie allotments from when I was 36 pounds heavier!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every time I weighed in, but now I'm down to 1200 calories and it won't go any lower than that so I don't go in and change it unless I'm changing my exercise goals or something else.