I got braces yesterday!

Options
I am so excited to start this new journey to nice beautiful teeth, I'm 32 y/o and have horrible teeth, my goal with starting MFP was to get down to my goal weight by June 2009 and get braces. I'm on my way to both, just finding out today its so hard to eat with braces, so today I only did the Eliptical for 20 min., because I think I'm going to have a hard time eating my exercise calories. I don't mind cutting out all the foods you can't eat with braces, but I still want to eat. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

Replies

• dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to start this new journey to nice beautiful teeth, I'm 32 y/o and have horrible teeth, my goal with starting MFP was to get down to my goal weight by June 2009 and get braces. I'm on my way to both, just finding out today its so hard to eat with braces, so today I only did the Eliptical for 20 min., because I think I'm going to have a hard time eating my exercise calories. I don't mind cutting out all the foods you can't eat with braces, but I still want to eat. Hopefully it will get easier with time.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If you need calories for the sake of calories, maybe look at peanut butter milkshakes *drooools*

Congrats on all the self-improvements!:smile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the braces - you will LOVE the results!
    Btw... the baby in your av is sooooooooooo cute! OMG!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    congrats:flowerforyou:
  • busybee
    Options
    Eating does get easier. I too had braces as an adult. Its so worth it!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh! Lucky you! I want braces SO bad, even though my teeth aren't really that messed up...I'm thinking about Invisilign. Anybody ever tried them?

Anyway-I would eat a lot of smoothies for a while...Wouldn't hurt and is SO delicious!! My old HS boyfriend had braces, so I know for a fact that eating will get easier-It did for him at least! He ate everything...And of course was still a twig. Go figure :ohwell:
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think of peanut butter milkshakes, and I love peanut butter, I will give that a try. Besides needing to post a pic of myself, not just my kids, I can't wait to post the after pic, after I get my braces off, say in about 2 years, ugh.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had braces at 40 years old! One of the best things I ever did for myself. Love my smile now!

000201A5.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    use the wax.
    always carry a bottle of water. I would fill my mouth so bring my lips away from the brass.
    pea soup!
    protein shakes.

good luck!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    smoothies will work wonders. If you have a lot of calories to eat, use reduced fat milk instead of skim milk. Also you could always just drink a slim fast, they are like 250 calories each.