Quit and Start Cold Turkey

Options
tc_2011
tc_2011 Posts: 8 Member
Anyone else LOVE pepsi? or pop in general? I have decided to quit it cold turkey.... I will deal with the withdrawl (headaches). Each day will get better. All that sugar can't be good for you. Diabetes runs in my family so I'm hoping to cut my risk significantly just by getting rid of the pop.

At the same time, I've also started into a workout routine. JM 30 day Shred (level 1 to start). So far it's great. Any tips and words of encouragement are welcome :o) I'm loving this site and hope I can continue on this great journey.

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I was a 12 pack a day diet coke drinker...took me about 2 weeks to get out of the fatigue and the headaches...but sooooo worth it.

Good luck! You can do it.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have not had a soda since last December.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 6 or more cokes back to back every day (free soda at my workplace). Then I started having heart palpitations and knew that there was no way I was going to be able to cut back. That might work for me for a few weeks but I knew I would end up back where I had started. So, I cut them out completely. I had one really miserable day with a head ache all day (conveniently while I was laying on the beach on vacation) and after that I was fine. Other than the occasional Sprite, I have not had a soda in probably 15 years.

Just really stick with it for a week or two and you will get back the cravings etc. You can do it!
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i quit cold turkey myself all i did was drink soda allllll day everyday i dont know how i did it but i did it and im gllad i did its no good for you i was so suprised i could do it it will get easlier!!!! good luck