Office Food

Options
Darn my office team and their sneaky ways to make me eat!!

Today was inventory day at work, and so as a treat for the employees bagels from Panera Bread were brought in for breakfast, and Pizza Hut pizza was brought in for lunch-Including cheesy breadsticks and DESSERT PIZZA :devil:

I had 1/2 of a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel - 205
1 tbsp. of Honey Nut Cream Cheese Spread - 45
250-Not bad for breakfast.

Then lunch rolls around-Yikes!

1 slice Thin and Crispy Pepperoni Pizza - 300
1 Cheesy Breadstick - 200
1 slice Cherry Dessert Pizza - 260
760-For lunch alone!!!

I got these calories for the pizza from MFP-Do you think they seem a little low? They do to me!
Anyway-I'm still going to be able to have a great supper and a few snacks and stay within my calories because I'm going on a 30 minute run tonight. I'm just really hoping I don't gain from this :ohwell:

Maybe the change in food will freak my body out and I'll lose some weight! HaHa!

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Darn my office team and their sneaky ways to make me eat!!

Today was inventory day at work, and so as a treat for the employees bagels from Panera Bread were brought in for breakfast, and Pizza Hut pizza was brought in for lunch-Including cheesy breadsticks and DESSERT PIZZA :devil:

I had 1/2 of a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel - 205
    1 tbsp. of Honey Nut Cream Cheese Spread - 45
    250-Not bad for breakfast.

Then lunch rolls around-Yikes!

1 slice Thin and Crispy Pepperoni Pizza - 300
    1 Cheesy Breadstick - 200
    1 slice Cherry Dessert Pizza - 260
    760-For lunch alone!!!

I got these calories for the pizza from MFP-Do you think they seem a little low? They do to me!
    Anyway-I'm still going to be able to have a great supper and a few snacks and stay within my calories because I'm going on a 30 minute run tonight. I'm just really hoping I don't gain from this :ohwell:

Maybe the change in food will freak my body out and I'll lose some weight! HaHa!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    There is no way you can gain from this. Remember that it takes 3500 cal to even make a pound, that is on top of what you regularly burn. I would just go for my run tonight and eat a light supper, and you'll be fine. Also drink a bunch of water. You think the calories are scarey. Check out the sodium.:frown: and you are right. All that high fat, high calorie food might shock your body.

So tell me about the pizza. Was it yummy? Was the cheese gooey? Were the pepperonis greesy? I miss pizza.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I actually get depressed when I eat pizza because I have to limit myself to one peice, and when I go over, I get depressed because I know I didn't do myself much good, and I'm always HUNGRY again two hours later. It just sucks.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There is no way you can gain from this. Remember that it takes 3500 cal to even make a pound, that is on top of what you regularly burn. I would just go for my run tonight and eat a light supper, and you'll be fine. Also drink a bunch of water. You think the calories are scarey. Check out the sodium.:frown: and you are right. All that high fat, high calorie food might shock your body.

So tell me about the pizza. Was it yummy? Was the cheese gooey? Were the pepperonis greesy? I miss pizza.

Oh Anna-The pizza was divine...In between my guilt-filled bites I enjoyed every moment :wink:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Happens to me all the time! Every day they bring in something, most of the time I avoid the break room but occasionally I will grab something. You did good, you watched what you ate, had a little, and counted your calories.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Way to go with ONLY having what you did! It's SO hard when pizza and buttery warm breadsticks and deserts are around. Mmm.

My office is full of people who love love love love love food. They eat like crazy people. And the mother/daughter team who are the main culprits are skinny despite all that fast food and their complete lack of exercise. Ah, genetics.... :grumble: