Feeling really terrible, but hoping it will get better...

hannahlbur
hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I have been struggling for months to get going. My training is good just my diet is crap.
It's so frustrating cuz I know I can do it I have before.

I am depressed and feel really bad about myself - feel like I'm worthless and hideous.

I have decided to start counselling privately as the wait for the NHS is months. I can't afford it but I need to change desperately I am so sick of everything!

It is so frustrating that I want to lose weight so badly yet I can't get my diet right as I eat when I'm down or bored. Which is most of the time at the mo!

It is my 27th birthday Wednesday. I haven't acheived the goal I wanted to by my birthday of losing loads of weight I've lost very little. Very disappointed in myself.

Just hoping that after such a crap time being aged 26, 27 can be better for me.

I feel fat bloated and hideous. No wonder I can't get a boyfriend!

Hope everyone else is doing better than me anyway!

Replies

• I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad...

I can definitely relate to your depression and struggles with getting going. Hopefully counseling will help out... I tried it and it was good to get me out of the worst of my depression. It's tough when you know you've done it before but you will get through it!!

Things will get better! Keep your head up :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Cheer up and Happy Birthday!!! You can do it!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    When your shopping for food are you buying junk? If you don't but it you won't have it at your house to eat it. I find I want to eat crap when I'm home...so I have decided I won't buy it anymore! It's up to me to make a good choice.....and it's easier if I don't have crap at my house in the evening.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    my heart just breaks for you. I can relate to how you feel. I have felt that in the past. First I have to say that I think your beautiful. But unless you believe this I don't know if it means much.

I hope you are able to come to a place that you don't allow your weight to define who you are as a person. I am sure you are so much more than your appearance.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Thanks all for your kind words :)

I hope things will get better but will see.

I know people tell me that looks aren't important but it's all around you and seems to be what a lot of guys are interested in. It's hard to believe otherwise. I know losing weight will boost my confidence so why can't I get stuck in and get on with it?!
    Hopefully after having a week off (and stuffing my face with birthday meals!) I will be in the right place to get on with the diet.

Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.