How to log???

Options
So here is my question, when logging your exercise, if you used a machine that shows you the number of calories burned, AND you are able in input age/weight, do you log calories burned per the machine, or what MFP calculates? Sometimes there is quite a discrepancy....HELP!!!!!! I rely in MFP when I am performing exercises that I cannot otherwise calculate calories burned.....

Replies

• imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use the machine's numbers in those instances. It's always a little lower, but I'd like to err on the side of caution.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I would choose the machine. It can sense how hard your working more than mfp. It knows if you incline or put on resistance or what not.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Machine. Since I put in my information AND it knows exactly how fast, what incline/resistance, etc

I find MFP WAY overestimates compared to the machines.

A HRM is the best way to know for sure, but I can't afford one right now (and honestly.. have accomplished my goal weight without one!) so the machine is the best I can do.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    machine, no question.
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    thanks everyone! that is what i usually do, just thought i would ask. i find the estimates for the treadmill are close but not the elliptical.